20) Letting him go

"There is a particular kind of suffering to be experienced when you love something greater than yourself

"There is a particular kind of suffering to be experienced when you love something greater than yourself. A tender sacrifice. Like the pained silence felt in the lost song of a mermaid; or the bent and broken feet of a dancing ballerina. It is in every considered step I am taking on the opposite direction of you."
- Lang Leav

*****

Jimin

It had already been a week. A week without her smile. A week without her smell. A week without her voice. A week just without her.

I decided that it was time. Time to talk about us. So I contacted her and asked her to meet me at the café we would always go to together.

Silently I was sitting there and analyzed the people who passed by. The sky blue and grey due to the rainy weather.

A few minutes later the door slowly opened, revealing no other than her.

She was wearing a brown knee length dress. It hugged her waist, pointing her body proportions out. Long sleeved and cashmere fabric. Underneath she was wearing knee high boots. Finishing her look with her brown wavy hair, serene skin and delicate bones.

God I'm so in love with you.

A small, beautiful but broken smile on her face as she took a seat right in front of me.

"Hi um...thank you for not rejecting my offer." I started with my usually calm voice, my hands playing with each other nervously, "The past few days I thought a lot about this situation...us. And I decided to talk to you."

The girl in front me quiet, listening to me attentively.

"As you probably figured out already everything started the day I left for Busan. I had a phone call with my mom the day before. She told me that she had found herself the ideal daughter in law. Haneul was her name. And she couldn't wait to introduce her to me. Of course I told her that I was not interested and that I had already found the love of my life, but she didn't even listen to me. Because according to her I always made the dumbest decisions. So I went to Busan to tell her about you. About us..."

Her eyes that were placed on the table, suddenly looked up at me, finally seeing the pain in my usually placid eyes.

She was unmoving as I licked my lips, letting my eyes trail along her face before speaking again.

"She never really supported me with anything nor showed me love. To her I'm always imagining unrealistic things, things that don't make any sense, things that don't please her and are unsuitable for her so called reputation. But there is of course a reason why she acts that way towards me. It's because of my...dad." I mumbled the last word quietly.