Chapter 15: Adventum Tempestas

"Yorktown! Who sent it?!"

"I-It's..."

...

...

...

"USS Enterprise, CV-6."

...

...

...

*SLAM*

Kevin expressed his frustration after hearing the news from H. Yorktown by smashing his fist on the wall, creating a deep dent on the concrete surface. Ash was startled by this sudden behavior from the man but surprised to see the others didn't flinch like it's their usual Monday. Turning around to face the group with both of his hand clenched tightly, the Commander was ready to give out his first orders.

"Bismarck, a quick brief on the situation of this world, we don't have much time to waste." The eyes went cold as he requested the German battleship to provide the intel.

"1945 marks the first time humanity in this world met the Honkai. Until now there have been 65 encounters across the planet with 41 small encounters, 13 mediums and 1 large but no signs of Honkai eruptions. Politically four major sea powers are in our control with Eisenhower being the President of the Eagle Union, Kaga is Sakura Empire's Minister of Defense, Duncan being Royal Navy's Prime Minister and I am the Chancellor of Iron Blood." H. Bismarck listed the overall detail, short but informative.

"One large?" Kevin asked, interested in the matter.

"Direct confrontation between EU's Pacific Fleet and a group of Emperor and Judgement-class Honkai beasts in 1952, resulting in permanent damage to USS Yorktown as she has been in a coma ever since. We have to send Hipper and Unicorn to clean up the mess." H. Bismarck responded, she toned down her voice a bit to show sympathy.

...

Silence converged the whole room as everyone presented didn't know how to continue the flow of conversation, especially H. Yorktown. Seeing another her unconsciously lying on the hospital bed was just too much to bear for the carrier.

"Something isn't right..." The man with silver-haired muttered something under his breath whilst tapping his fingers on the Commander's desk.

"We know something is off, Kommandant. Do you think it's related to you?" H. Hipper played with her hair by wrapping it around the tip of her pole.

"Care to elaborate, Forger?"

"You see, right after your arrival in this world your convoy fleet had already been attacked by more than 9000 ships, excluding 50 Orochis during the Mirror Sea confrontation. Like they were set to kill you from the start rather than a normal unfortunate fight..." H. Hipper explained the theory to everyone, earning nods of agreements from the others inside the room.

Kevin connected the dots. Eugen's big sister was correct. Why would they send such a large force powered by Honkai energy just to attack his small convoy? Why they didn't do the same to the other Admirals before him? Unless they know his capability and decided to kill him before he could even act...

"They will do everything they can to prevent me from breaching that barrier..."

...

"Things are going to be extremely difficult to contain from now on."

"What do you mean, Commander?"

"We are expecting at least two to three Eruptions to occur simultaneously, giving that we only have 6 months left." The owner of Judgement of Shamash bitterly admitted.