??????: ??????

Did you hear that? That's the sound of thunder.

Shooting down from the sky above, some treat them as judgements from the Gods for the sins of this cruel world.

But lightning always appears before thunder. It possesses for itself many colors.

Some are white, some are blue, some are yellow, some are lilac,...

...

...

...

Some are Violet.

In many wars, soldiers use the word "thunder" to describe the deafening sound caused by weapons with massive calibers, especially naval batteries.

The Germans were famous for their 15-inch SK C/34 that scored a critical hit on the Pride of the Royal Navy while the Americans were known for their 406mm Mark 7 that can lob nuke shells with pinpoint accuracy. But it's the Japanese who have the honor of creating the largest gun ever been put on a battleship.

The 46 cm/45 Type 94 naval gun.

Only two battleships were built to be equipped with this state-of-the-art weapon.

The first one, I don't think we'll need more explanation.

But the second one lives a quieter life while her big sister takes all the fame and glory.

...

...

...

A kitsune.

...

...

...

"So according to that tallest girl within the trio with a big pair of crimson horns and a comically large katana... What's her name again? Raiden... Ei?"

"Raiden Mei."

"Yeah, thanks buddy. Unlike you, I'm more into girls with white hair."

"..."

"So according to her, you're a 50,000-year-old walking icecube full of misery and you're trying to convince them that nobody will be able to defeat Herrscher of the End by beating them up using a fraction of her power through that thing called "authority"?

"..."

"I'll take that as a yes."

"..."

"Damn... Can we go somewhere else to continue this conversation? Standing on the moon's surface makes me remember those bad memories..."

"?"

"Yep, we did fight against her in my homeworld. Thirteen went in that fight, only two came out alive."

"You guys won?"

"That's the people on the ground said. I treated as a tragic loss. They were, are and will always be the best comrades that I've ever had. Who did you lose just to be able to stand here?"

"..."

"Elysia, Aponia, Eden, Vill-V, Kalpas, Su, Sakura, Kosma, Mobius, Griseo and Pardo."

"Yorktown, Hornet, Akagi, Kaga, Bismarck, Hood, Soyuz, Veneto, Richelieu, Jean Bart and Chen Hai. So we do have something in common."

"..."

"That should be enough for the introduction. Let's get to the main event."

"..."

"The greatsword in your hand, it still hasn't reached its full potential."

"..."

"I can teach you how to do that."

"..."

"Why should you believe me that the new form of your Might of An-Utu will be able to kill Herrscher of the End? Well, the answer is rather simple..."

...

...

...

"*o* **e *o***n* a* *n* o* *h**."

Chapter 20 (Non-canon 2): As Thunder Filled the Sky.