Chapter 18

The next day, Net and James returned to work. Samantha managed to retrieve Net's car so Net offered to give James a ride. This time, James accepted the offer.

However, when they got there James asks "Hey, can I go in first while you come in later? I still want to keep this relationship on the down low.". James was expecting some sort of retaliation, however to his surprise, Net was quite understanding about it (despite looking all confused about the matter) and went with what James had asked.

It's nice to know that I have such an understanding boyfriend, and it hasn't even been a day. James thought to himself as he happily entered the hospital.

While getting changed one of his coworkers, Carissa who he was quite close with, came and asked,

"Hey, are you and Siraphop *in more of a whisper* dating?" which caused James to slam close his locker and says "What? Him and I dating? That's blasphemy. You have to stop listening to all these rumors being spread around this hospital."

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! So it's all just rumors I'm hearing huh? Ok, if you say so."

Trailing off in her sentence, Carissa continued on to say, "So I guess me seeing you hopping out of his car this morning was all just a rumor too.".

And with that, James' jaw dropped to the floor. "How did yo-".

"Say no more. They're probably just all rumors so I'll stop believing them and go on with my day. See you later." Carissa said in very sarcastic tone as she closed the door to the locker room that they were in.

Ah Carissa, always knows how to find out everyone's business. James thought to himself as he shook his head and continued changing.

A couple of hours later, James walked into Net's temporary office and saw him lying on the couch, in which he seemed like he was contemplating. James then locked the door (so no one rudely barged in) and laid himself between the couch and Net. Once he got comfortable, he began to slowly draw circles on Net chest, causing Net to smirk.

"So what brings you here, did exciting happen today." Net asked.

"Yeah, a family got into an accident" James said, which caused Net to give a questioned look.

"That does not sound good. Why do you sound so cheerful?" Net asked, very confused with James' tone of voice "Because I haven't gotten to the good part yet." James said, then continued on with his story.

"The husband was fine, but the wife was near unconsciousness. The general surgeon on this case found that she was hemorrhaging in her, downstairs area so they had to admit her for surgery then and there. However, once the surgeon did an ultrasound in her, to find where the bleeding was, she found the bleeding vessel as well as a baby. The baby was far along but was blocking the bleeding artery so I was called in to deliver the baby. Once I did, they were able to fix the bleeding artery and send her out of surgery. I got to tell the husband the good news, he was shocked to find out that his wife had a baby. Turns out they've been trying for years with no luck, but the husband was ecstatic with this news and asked to see his wife and child. Once the wife woke up, I got to tell her the good news as well. She couldn't believe that she had a baby, but once she held her child in her arms, the look that she gave could make a grown man cry, in which I excused myself to do as this happy family got to enjoy their moment."

By now, James was grinning from ear to ear, and it seems like Net did the same. However, James let out a sigh and began a less cheerful story of his own.

"I would like to have kids of my own someday, but when I told my family that I was Bisexual, not everyone was too happy about it. One of my aunts went on to say 'You can't raise children with another man, children need a mother and you can't deprive them of that'. I nearly cried that day. *deep sigh* Now tell me, would it be so bad if I raised my kid with another guy?"