Chapter 25

"James, could you kindly ask her to leave?" asked Net. "But, she's your mothe-"  "And so! Just tell her to leave this place before I say something we will all regret!". James was stunned by Net's behavior, but Net couldn't care less. He just went upstairs in anger, waiting for his mother to leave.

However, James invited Mrs. Siraphop to the living room and then followed Net upstairs.

He found Net sitting up in the bed, tapping his foot aggressively. In and attempt to soothe him, James came up on the bed and hugged Net from behind while rubbing his hands up and down Net's chest.

"You know," Net began "The day I left your house eight months ago, my parents locked me the house for 2 weeks. I still don't know how. Then, they went through my phone, prohibiting all forms of contact with you, then took the phone away altogether. They had bodyguards follow me around everywhere, even whence I was inside the damn house. They blocked my bank account, even the money that I had earned whilst working in their company, I couldn't even access it.

*deep sigh* I never realized how powerful my parents were until they unleashed that power against me, their own child. To top it off, my parents justified all their actions with 'It's for the sake of the company, and in turn for your own good too'. So, for the sake of the company and 'my own good', I was treated like a f*cking pon in my parents' bidding."

By the end of Net's rant, he was brought to tears. James only hugged Net tighter as he was getting misty-eyed too. "You know what, you don't have to see your mother today, I'll just send her away." James said, then got up to do just that.

Net felt relieved to hear that, but before James could even reach the door, Net stopped the course of action.

"It's been almost half a year since the whole incident happened. Preferably, I would like a bit more time to face my mother, but she's here. So, I might as well hear out what she has to say." Net said. "Are you sure?" James asked. "Yes, I'm sure." Net replied.

So, James pulled Net off the bed, and they began heading downstairs. However, before James could reach the door, once again, Net pulled him back by the arm. This time it was to steal a kiss, and James gladly reciprocated.

Net and his mother were sitting adjacent to each other on separate couches. Net had a monotone expression on his face, making the room very unsettling. James decided to stay upstairs as he wanted to give Net and Mrs. Siraphop some privacy, and because the tension in the room could be cut with a knife.

"So, what brings you here." Net asks, getting straight to the point. "Well I-" Mrs. Siraphop began, but then took a long pause as she realized she was at a loss of words. Tears began rolling down her eyes, and all she could do was apologize profusely.

"I'm sorry my son, I'm so sorry for everything that had happened. Your father and I were so blinded by the demands of the company that we didn't see that we were pushing away our own child. However, there is no excuse that could justify our actions against you. So, I just came here to say that I am sorry.".

After Mrs. Siraphop said her piece, there was a long pause between her and Net. He seemed to be on the verge of tears before saying "Well, I guess you can go now. I appreciate the apology but I need to um *sniffles* think this whole thing over.".

Mrs Siraphop only let out a small "Ok." And called herself an Uber. She did not even wait for the Uber to arrive before heading out the door.

The absence of her presence lessened tensions, and a few minutes after she left, James walking down the stairs. "So I assume you two haven't reconciled then?" James noted.

With a slight nod, Net confirmed James suspicions. James then sat beside Net to wrap his arms around Net's body, giving him a side hug, to which Net laid his head on James's shoulder.