Chapter 2:

Stefania's POV*
It was early morning both Averiana and Danielle were sleeping, even the dogs were still asleep. I decided to listen to Danielle and contact the authority about the situation, at least for the safety of the child. I was out speaking with an agent and a social worker, "how late was it when you and Danielle found her in the park", Stefania "maybe around 11, because it was midnight when we went to bed", "she did say her daddy and his girlfriend did this to her. Is that statement correct", Stefania "yes", "I am aware that you and Danielle are both actresses that probably don't want the world knowing about this so would you like to keep this private, this whole investigation", Stefania "yes, thank you", "did she say what her dad looks like or where she lives", Stefania "that she did not. I do not know anything about that", "we have company", I turned around, Stefania "sweetie, do you wanna go back in the room with Danielle, you could watch tv", "would it be okay if I asked her some questions", Stefania "come here bambina. I know you probably don't wanna talk about anything this lady wants to ask you some questions, are you okay with that", she instantly turned her head away, "honey I know you don't wanna talk but you could help us out", Averiana "my daddy will kill me", Stefania "he's not gonna do anything to you, your gonna be fine. I'm gonna go check on Danielle, I didn't wanna be invading her privacy so I let her talk to the social worker and officer alone. Danielle "what's going on", Stefania "nothing, the detective and social worker are talking to her", Danielle "I thought you said that was a bad idea", Stefania "we need to get something out of her and if no investigation there will be no end to it, the abuse and all that will continue", Danielle "okay". The both of us received an email about a convention to attend, we both agreed to it, Averiana came rushing into the room, her arms around me and Danielle, no explanation to why. Stefania "what happened bambina", she didn't wanna speak, the detective filled me in, me and Danielle were both frustrated and upset at the what happened.

A few days later, we had no choice. Since we were now fostering a child, we had to enroll her in school because she couldn't always come to work with us, I had just dropped her off at school then me and Danielle headed to our trailers to get ready for our table read for the next part of the episode we have to film before it releases in a few weeks. Danielle "did you get any updates on the investigation yet", Stefania "no nothing yet, hold on I'm gonna take this, it's the school", Danielle "okay", Jaina "hey Danielle, wanna come with us later, we're all gonna get a drink", Danielle "I have to see", Jaina "okay, just let me know if anything", I answered my phone and left the table read to I won't be interrupted, "hello", "hi am I speaking to Stefania", Stefania "yes this is Stefania. Is everything okay, I'm at work right now", "everything was going great, Averiana was having a great day until she came to my office complaining that her stomach was really bothering her. I asked her if she ate lunch and if she felt sick before coming to school she answered no to both questions", Stefania "that's odd. She was absolutely fine this morning, she had breakfast, she packed her lunch with me so I don't know what it could have been", "I did ask her if she ate anything from today's school lunch menu, she said the only thing she had was a pack of cookies", Stefania "is she complaining about it a lot", "at the moment yes, she hasn't been able to sit still, I'm aware she comes with a water bottle everyday so I asked her if the water would help but she's refusing", Stefania "me and Danielle still haven't been able to get her to eat so much. She has better days than most but the food thing we are still working on because she doesn't like to eat much of anything, she tries to force herself out of it, so she won't have to eat it", "are you able to pick her up", Stefania "yeah, I should be on my way soon it's just that I have to inform my boss I'm leaving", "okay, I'll send her homework with her as I don't know how long she'll be sick for", Stefania "thanks, could you make sure she has all her things with her, don't want her leaving anything", "sure, that's not a problem at all",
after I hung up the phone I had to tell Danielle what was going on and tell Shonda I will have to do table reading another time because something important came up. I left my trailer making sure I took my things before leaving. Carina "you don't have to leave with me", Danielle "we're raising her together plus we are in a relationship, you're not doing this alone. I'll go pick her up, you go the house and maybe make her something to eat, you could set up like a movie or something", Stefania "okay", I took my car back home, while Danielle took her car to go to the school. Once I was home, I started making Averiana some soup, and had a bunch of movies picked out, Danielle was finally back, Stefania "how was the drive", Danielle "she threw up, that explains why she's so out of it", Stefania "I put her things in the room, just stay on the couch with her", there was a knock at the door. Danielle "expecting anyone", Stefania "no", I opened the door and it was the detectives, "could we have a word with you two", Stefania "did something bad happen", "no we just wanna update you two on the case", Stefania "okay come in", we left Averiana on the mini couch while we sat at the couch that was in the center of the living room. "So we still haven't been able to locate her biological father or his girlfriend but we did get a hit on a credit card he used not too long ago. Did she tell you anything about her father", Stefania "no we prefer not to bring it up because of the trauma", Danielle "I'm gonna try and take her a shower so her temperature could go down", Stefania "okay". "You said that when you found her, you had already knew she was being abused. How so", Stefania "she had barely any clothes on, she just had a tank top on and her underwear plus all of the bruises she had was noticeable", me and the detective try to ignore the loudest in the background but couldn't. "Do you want me to come back another time", Stefania "I would appreciate that, sorry for the inconvenience", "you don't to be sorry, getting her better is your own goal right now", Stefania "yeah", after the detective left. Stefania "what's wrong", Danielle "never again will I try taking her a bath when she's sick. I'm gonna walk the dogs, they are pretty eager", Stefania "okay", Danielle left with dogs and I was just watching a movie, Averiana was in her room.