Chapter 1

"Had a good one?", my friend Emma winked at me. I winked at her back, and she knew the last night was good. I'm one of the good officers in this town, I've had a lot of successful cases and Emma's my best friend. When my parents passed away, she was there for me and also when my ex betrayed me. I worked hard to get a good physique that means I'm handsome and I told myself I would never fall in love again.

"Which shift are you tomorrow ?", I asked Emma approaching her desk.

"Same thing, early morning," she answered without looking at me.

"That means we can go for a club... we have off next day", I asked her excitingly. Seeing how childish I was, she laughed and nodded at me. When I was going to say something, our walkie-talkie noticed we had a robbery at a nearby restaurant.

We were both ready and I went to my motorbike and she went to the police car. I always prefer to ride a bike and Emma doesn't think about riding with me. She calls me a bad cop.

When we we to the restaurant, security have already  let everyone out.

"Is anyone in there?"  , I asked him picking my gun.

"Yes, our boss is inside and the robber has a gun.. ", he wandered off and I asked Emma to keep asking him for details and I went inside through the fire escape, so I could go and face him without giving any clue.

"What do you want?" a soft voice whispered that had a magnetic effect on me.

"I just need some money for my daughter's medicine," he shouted.

"Calm down... I will give you the money and as well I can meet your daughter tomorrow", she spoke softly.

"Will you?" demanded the thief, not trusting her.

""I am," she said confidently and he began to cry, "She is only 5 years old and has a high fever, but I couldn't afford it"

She went and hugged him, It's okay, I'll give you a job. Take this..." She gave her money and went on, "Take her to the hospital and treat her and come to me when she's fine". He hugged her back, "I'll never forget you" and he left the building.

When she turned around, I looked into her eyes and it was gorgeous. It captured  me. I just left her without noticing that I'm here and I went back to Emma and noticed that all is well and that we can leave. but her eyes were in my mind. Will I see her again?