Chapter 4!

Sydney’s POV:

I went blind when I was young because of an accident. My mom walked out on me later with my sister. But my sister returned when she was eighteen. She's so in love with me and she's my only person. My grandmother passed away when I was 16 and when I was about to be taken by the foster family, my sister stepped in and said she would be my babysitter.

Though I am blind, I worked hard to have my own restaurant and a boyfriend. But, he cheated on me with my so-called best friend. I never thought he was using me for my money. I just gave it to him. That day – I was taking bath and he was waiting for me in my bed and when I came out of the bathroom, I smelled another perfume which I didn’t recognize. I asked him, but he said this was a new perfume his sister brought. I ignored and changed my dress and sat on my bed with the strange feeling that somebody else was there in my bedroom. My sister was on a business trip that week but suddenly she entered my room giving me a surprise for my birthday only to catch my boyfriend with my best friend.

To talk about my sister, she is so overprotective, literally beating them both and throwing them out of my house. It was hard to see your friends cheat on you, but it's been a year and I've overcome that. I am a 23 year single running a popular café, “The blind love”. I didn't name him because I was blind, but sometimes love makes us blind, for good or bad. I just named it the way it was set in my mind. No solid reason.

"Hello, honey, how are you?" I asked the little girl who came to take me in her arms. She's called Aria and she's gotten close to me. I took her dad into my café and offered him a job. He tried to steal money out of my restaurant, but knowing the reason, I didn't want to be a heartless person. Aria started visiting me and she became a closest little friend.

"I'm okay," she threw at me, and then I smelled her. It's the same smell I've been noticing lately. I asked aria for the time and she told me it was 4. She showed up at the same time taking the same spot. I wanted this scent because I felt safe every time the person came in.

"Your Star Has Come", one of my workers – Ronnie whispered in my year. Ronnie's been working here since day one at the restaurant and she's younger for me but she teases me like crazy. She was the one who said, the stranger keeps looking at me when she comes for coffee and she also said that she's hot.

I shoved her and inhaled the smell. I began to smell it every time I returned home. I never felt like a bad guy was following me. Instead, I sensed some peace. Therefore, I did not want to confront the stranger.

Now I smell something else that I didn't mean to smell. This was my old boyfriend. I turned to the side where the smell came from and shouted, James, we're done. Never try to approach me".

"Sydney please... give me a chance," he argued. How can he beg me - after all he has done. I can't forgive the man for what he did.

“You cheated on me James, you just cheated on me with a girl who happened to be my best friend in the same bed while I was sitting just because I was blind. I trusted you when I felt a new scent and you said it was a new one your sister brought. If my sister had not come that day to my room, you would have continued. "I cried throwing my arms at him.

"She just forced me, I love you," he said, but from his voice, I knew that he was not guilty. He is trying to play the blame game which I am not going to fall for. 

"I paid all your tuition fees when you were in debt. I've paid off all your debts, but... Please stay away from me", I told him and I started walking again. But he shot me hard and grabbed my wrist.

"You cannot leave me like this", he squeezed his hand against my throat. I can't get any air. I thought this would be the end of my day, but I heard someone speaking. Guess this is the stranger.  I heard a sound that, I guess, smacked him in the face. She punched him many times, I suppose, and I heard him flee.

"Are you all right?" she asked me. I'm crying, but I was shaking my head anyway. Her voice soothed me. That was husky and smooth. 

“Thank you so much.. he just…..”,  I cried and when I sensed she was close to me, I hugged her. She is a stranger. I don't know her, but I trusted her in the heart. She hesitated first, but she picked mes so good for me.

“Please don’t cry… I am here for you”, she consoled me and I stopped crying. 

"You're the one who comes to my restaurant every day, right?" I asked her and there was a silence. Shouldn’t I have asked her. She didn't leave because her fragrance was still here. I can feel her presence.

“Yes”, came back a reply after few minutes. 

“You followed me, right? because I sometimes felt you when I returned home", I questioned her but this time without hesitation she answered "yes".

I couldn't figure out what to say. I thought too much I had forgotten she was still there. “Sorry…. It was just….” She started rambling that’s when I came out of my trance. I didn't want her to feel like she was following me, "Can you please take me home. After all this, I don't want to go alone," I said.

“I will” and we started walking. Although we didn't talk anything, we felt peace and comfort. That was a great feeling.

After arriving at the house, she said, "Do you want to file a complaint against this person? I am a police officer. I can handcuff him”. Oh.. she is a police office. Perhaps she was on parole and not following me. She just would have gotten me home safely because she's a cop. That’s it. I'm no special person. But it struck me? Why is she in a restaurant every day?

"No, I loved him once and I can't do that," I said to him, and "Thank you for today. I have no idea what would have happened". I just want to go to my bed and stop thinking of unnecessary things. I needed some time off.

“It’s alright. Sleep well." she said until I got home.

I went to my bed and lied down thinking about everything that happened. The voice of the stranger. Wait? The stranger  - I didn’t ask for her name. Did I? neither did she? But, my heart says, that I would be seeing her again and I want to. I feel something for her.