An Oni and His Bride

Summary: Granny Oni was dying, and she had made it clear that she wanted to see Itto married before she passed away. Itto searched all of Inazuma for someone to be his bride for his grandmother's sake, and the traveler begrudgingly agreed.

The traveler did their best to play along, but when Granny Oni paid for them to have a honeymoon in Inazuma City, Aether was starting to worry about how far this was going to go.

Despite searching for some big onikabuto all day, Itto couldn't match the one they gave Daisuke a long time ago.

In the years since then, his nephew had grown up so much, but he still wasn't as tall as his Oni uncle.

Itto hadn't changed at all, and his personality was still the same lovable, oblivious goofball he always was.

Granny Oni called for Itto to come inside the house. Despite the Tenryou Commission no longer chasing them, they decided to remain in their secluded house on Yashiori Island. Upon entering, Itto found his granny in the kitchen.

Over the years, she found it harder to do things she used to do. As she placed the tea kettle down, her hands were shaking and were rather weak. "Itto, will you kindly pour this for me?" The demon happily poured her some tea before carefully walking with her to the dining area.

"You alright, Granny?" "You aren't looking so good." He pulled her chair out for her and set her cup down before sitting himself across from her.

Granny Oni gave him a weak smile and said, "Itto, there's something that I've been wanting very dearly before my time comes."

"Before your time comes!?" Itto stood up quickly and looked down at his Granny across from him. Being the loveable idiot he is, he forgot that mortals age and eventually die. As an Oni, time passes very quickly for him. Most Oni demons live to be about 1000 years old.

His granny looked up at him, smiling warmly. She wasn't surprised he hadn't noticed how old she had become and gestured for him to sit back down.

"Itto, before I'm gone, I want you to find a bride, someone you can share your feelings with and who will take care of you as much as you did for me and Daisuke all those years ago."

Itto had a bemused expression on his face as he looked at her. After thinking it over, he wanted to decline, but he couldn't just say no to his Granny's wishes, especially if she wasn't going to be around for much longer.

The oni had no idea how to find a bride, but he swore that he wouldn't let her down. "I'll do whatever it takes, Granny!"

"I'm not coming back until I've found a bride; I swear on it." He pumped himself up for his journey, unsure of how long it would take.

He quickly set out, first heading towards Watatsumi Island. Following the trek, he acquainted himself with Sangonomiya Kokomi. She was delighted to be meeting an oni for the first time.

"Divine Priestess, My name is Arataki, the One and Oni Itto." He slicked back his hair as he brazenly introduced himself before bowing deeply with a smile on his face.

"I know this is out of the blue and all, but, frankly, you'd be doing me a huge favor if you said yes. Will you please be my bride so my Granny can die peacefully?"

She smiled at him before politely declining. "I'm sorry, Arataki Itto, but my heart belongs to Sangonomiya."

After realizing his blunder, he quickly bowed his head while apologizing profusely for his insensitive proposal. "Whoops, I had no idea you were already married; sorry about that, Mrs. Divine, uh, Priestess, ma'am." She smiled at him, using her hand to stifle a small laugh.