Chapter-3: Meeting the unknown

-Wolvenshire, Central Militarized Zone, Sorathian Empire-

-1:30 PM Local Time, August 14th, 1949(?)-

"Okay. So what do we have here?" Nelson asked as he took a bite off a chocolate cake.

"We got a report from the "Sky Witch" Recon Dragon. While attempting to fly through the mountain range, they spotted something within there." Travis replied as he took a sip from his cup of coffee.

Nelson looked at him, curious about what lies within the mountain range that caught the attention of the Sky Witch. "Any details on what they saw?"

Travis shook his head. "No. At the time of their sightings, clouds all covered that area. However, they could have sworn to have seen some sort of a structural ruin down below. I would suggest having that area as our point of interest in the near future."

Nelson then gave a nod to his suggestion before finishing off his cake. "What about Bird's Eye? Have we finally re-established contact with them?"

To the relief of everyone in the War Room, Travis nodded. "We have. They said that they are enroute directly back to the Rockbourn Central Militarized Zone to give their reports and their findings that might shed some light for our current situation."

Nelson then nodded before turning his attention to Spencer Bradley. "And anything from your side that needs to be heard?"

Spencer gave a nod to him. "Indeed. However… it might be better if you read the report yourself. Even I had trouble believing it when I first received that report from Admiral Haug."

He then took out a file from his briefcase before Nelson then took it into his hands. He then opens it, and begins reading its content. It was only a few short seconds before he then looked at Spencer with his own look of disbelief.

"Pirate ships firing some kind of ray beams? What is this; some kind of made-up science fiction story?" 

"I can reassure you that your expression is just the same as what I had when I received the report, Chancellor." Spencer replied, as if he had felt what Nelson himself had felt. "Even Admiral Haug himself did not believe the report directly from the eyes of the Ashmoor Ace, Death Angel."

Silence befell upon everyone else in the War room. The only thing that was keeping the total silence at bay were the rushing footsteps, ringing of telephones,and constant chatter outside of the War Room. 

"So." Nelson broke the silence once more. "Those reports directly came from those under Admiral Haug's command."

Spencer nodded in response. "Yes. They also managed to rescue survivors from both parties. However, for safety reasons, they decided to keep the pirates separated in groups of two in each room. Just in case they try to do something stupid." 

"And the others who were chased by the pirates?" Nelson asked.

"They were given proper treatment as with the Pirate crew. We can safely assume that they were relieved with all these ordeal." 

"And what about their ship? Did we manage to salvage anything from it? Documents or something that can help us find answers to our current situation?"

Spencer nodded his head. "We did. After the occupants were rescued, the Ferdinand fired her guns to scuttle their ship, which was already too damaged to be towed safely. Her captain tried to take whatever documents that they could carry before boarding the Ferdinand, including the flag that they had hoisted. And Umm… two of those occupants who had boarded the Ferdinand were, interesting and strange for lack of better terms."

"Oh? How so?" Nelson asked.

Spencer hesitated a bit before finally speaking up. "Well, it's best that you hear from them and see yourself, Chancellor. Even I myself do not believe the reports myself when I first got the telegram from the Antagonist Fleet Group. What I can say at most is that two were a prince and princess, obviously coming from a monarchy family."