Powers

Tee was in the restroom half an hour after what occurred in the wardrobe

Tee was in the restroom half an hour after what occurred in the wardrobe. She'd spent the entire time in there merely starring at herself in the mirror. She was numb since Papa had hurt her so much and she was finally free. She should be thrilled and anxious about the life ahead of her, but she isn't. She scrubbed her face for the tenth time as a tap on the door froze her, terrified of who it may be before hearing Mike's voice.

"Tee? Are you okay? Can I come in? " He asked her. Tee comes up to the door and opens it, allowing the boy to enter the restroom before returning to the basin and wiping her face on the towel next to it. "Are you okay?" Mike asks as he watches her. He was really worried. He had never previously witnessed such fear in one face. It was obvious that she had experienced trauma. She stares at her reflection and shakes her head slightly.

"Just m...m... memories," she shrugs as she looks down at her feet for a moment.

"You have a stutter," Mike points out to her. "I've never met anyone with a stutter before."

"I... I didn't use t... t... to," she tells him. Mike looks at her in surprise. She definitely had better English than El did.

"Tee whatever happened to you, I won't let it happen again, okay? I'm not going to lose you. I'm going to keep you safe and away from the bad men," he tells her, stepping towards her.

"P... Promise?" Tee asked, and Mike nodded.

"I promise, cross my heart and hope to die," Mike says, and Tee gives him a weird and confused look. "It's a saying"

"Oh," Tee whispers, looking back down at her feet. Mike stares at her for a moment. She was pretty, really pretty, yet she was so familiar. Where had he seen her before?

"Come on, El is waiting for us in my room," he says, putting out his hand for her to take. She finally accepts it and allows him to lead her out of the restroom as she makes an effort to block out the memories that are bothering her.

"Are you out of your mind?" Lucas asks as he and Dustin walk into Mike's room. El found herself looking at Tee when she and Tee were sitting on the bed. The boys observed it and thought it was strange, which made El appear even more crazy.

"Just listen to me," Mike tries, casting the boys' attention from the two girls and back to him.

"You are out of your mind," Lucas says again. As he looks at his friend, he raises his voice.

"They know about Will," Mike said quickly to them, causing both to stiffen up slightly in shock.

"What do you mean they know about Will? Dustin asks. Mike sighs and picks up the photo the two had recognized earlier.

"El pointed at him, at his picture. She knew he was missing. I could tell, "Mike says," pointing at Will and the Tee.

"You called her El?" Dustin asks.