5

Jack woke up to the sound of people talking.
“What are we gonna do with him hiccup! If stoick found out you snuck him in here-”
Astrid, jack recognised. And also hiccup.
“I already told him.” hiccup said.

‘Wait…
Stoick?’
Jack thought to himself.
‘Nonono i need to get back i need to protect them’

“Well how’d he take it?” astrid asked back, as if already knowing the answer.
Hiccup didnt answer, recalling the way his father looked at him when he found out gave him chills.
“Well, that doesnt matter, because he’s staying until he’s healed.”
‘Like hell i am’ jack thought.

“Well…he’s not waking up anytime soon…” hiccup said.
“Yeah…well…whats the deal with the hair?” astrid asked.

‘Oh shi- shoot.’ jack had forgotten about that little side affect.

“Wasn't it white before? Why did it just turn brown? That cant possibly be normal.” she said.

She was right, it normally did stay white, except for when he needs to heal.
When his hairs white, it doesn't make him heal faster (though with small wounds they heal normally,) however when he's gravely injured, he, essesaly, turns human, so that he can heal. But its also works the same way around, lets say, if he’s somewhere very cold while in his human form, he will go back to spirit. This makes it so that he doesn't get frostbite and other such things.

“SNOW WRAITHS!” they could all hear the yelling. Astrid and hiccup ran outside.
Jack opened his eyes, quickly getting up, and ready to run, when he saw a little old lady in the corner, staring at him, as if saying ‘dont you dare leave this room.’

Jack looked out the window, watching what was happening.
The snow wraiths stayed calm, and simply stared at the vikings.

Jack was never more relived then he was in that moment, when he saw all the vikings lower their weapons. Jack and the snow wraith made eye contact, the snow wraith looking relived.

Jack looked back at the old lady.

“Well uh, my rides here so…” jack said, awkwardly.

“No, you are staying here.”

Shoot. He thought hiccup had left with everyone else.

Jack then looked over at the window, getting ready to run for it. Hiccup ran in front of the window as soon as he saw jack heading for it.

Leaving the door unguarded.

As he ran out the door, he heard astrid say something, but couldnt catch it. He just ran, somewhat pushing past some vikings, making some yell at him. As he got closer to the snow wraiths, he saw a small pond. It reminded him of the one that he used to call his own.
Thats when he saw some kids getting ready to go on the ice. From what he could tell, the pond was big, probably deep, and he could just tell that the ice wasnt ready yet.
“Hey!” he shouted. “That ice isnt safe yet! Its too thin!”
The three kids looked at him, and then back at the ice, confused at about the random kid yelling at them, but never the less backed away from the ice.
He started running again, and ran until he finally got to the snow wraith.

He was so close, but then someone grabbed him by the hood.

“Do.not.move. Snow wraiths are known to be aggressive.” Jack stood still, waiting for the man to let go of him of his own accord. Then, jack turned around to face the man.

“Of course you would think that.” jack said, turning back to the 3 snow wraiths, one of them being snowy.

“...have we met?” stoick asked, confused, as he was sure that he had never met this strange child before.
“Oh, you know, just when you and a bunch of other vikings came by to our island and killed almost half of them almost 2 years ago, but you know, nothing memorable.” jack said, annoyed at the viking.
Stoick didnt say anything.
“Oh, and just in case you forgot, your vikings made it so snowy couldn't fly. So if you don't mind, ill be leaving now-”