The Cask Of Romance PT.2

Chapter 2 Prologue
                              Montresor's POV
———————————————-———————-

I awoke around dawn, struggling to remember the events of the previous night as I stalked through the corridors of my manor seeing a mess of ribbons, costumes, and half drank wine  bottles. As I casually strolled to the kitchen and saw the maids and butlers bustling around I slowly but surely began to recall what had happened. Today was the event known as carnival, and last night my good friend Fortunato had managed to convince me to throw a pre-carnival party. I groaned as I began to feel the effects of my drinking the previous night, a splitting headache and a rush of memories ranging from pleasant conversation to humiliating moments of drunken fun; and that's when I remembered it, my precious cask of Amontillado, some of the finest wine to exist on this very planet. A single sip of it's pure elegance caused a tingle on your tongue that slowly traveled down your throat causing an almost euphoric feeling. I had saved but a single cask in the catacombs that I use as a wine cellar so that I may enjoy such a luscious pleasure  on the night of carnival. Yet my memories of the night before seem to recall someone taking it. I shout at one of my useless butlers "Did you see someone take my cask of Amontillado?!". The butler shook in what seemed to be fear like the pathetic creature he is and replied "N-No sir, y-you gave us the night off". I rubbed my temple recalling when I had indeed given that command. As fast and yet elegantly as I could I rushed down the stairs to the catacombs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I quickly grabbed a rusted torch of the walls made of my relatives' bones and rushed through the seemingly endless maze of different sparkling wines until I reached the dead end that was meant to contain the Amontillado. I practically growled at the sight of my precious wine missing, and yet it did spark a very important memory, a memory of Lady Fortunato sneaking in and out of my catacombs. If that dreadful hag truly thought that I wouldn't get my revenge for stealing the most precious thing in my life then she must have forgotten my family's motto "No one injures me with impunity". However my anger didn't last as a sinister grin snuck up my face, my mind beginning to hatch a wonderful plan to take her most precious thing right from under her disgusting wrinkled feet.
————————————————————————

So uhhh yeah that's the end of the first chapter, not my best work but I'd once again love to hear your opinions!