The Cask of Romance PT.3

Chapter 3 Careful Planning

Quick little note, I apologize for taking so long to update this, my stupid English teacher took forever to return The Cask of Amontillado, and as I prefer my fan made stories accurate (as accurate as fan made stories can be lol) which you can probably why it made this harder to make. Rest assured however, I have finally gotten the story back and can continue writing, till the next chapter, btw i'm making this on a Chromebook so sorry if some of the dashes look weird ;-;  - C.L.H 

                                                                   Montresor's POV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I began the difficult task of plotting out the mansion of Fortunato without being seen, you see, while I had been to his mansion I hardly stayed longer than a drink or two as his wife is quite an ignoramus. I wished to get this lovely stratagem out of my way and head as soon as possible, and if I could I would simply rush in and execute this plan right now. While that was technically a possibility I didn't wish for what I planned to do to be released to the public, I did after all have a reputation as both a millionaire and wine extraordinaire to uphold. I looked through each and every window taking note of each room's contents and possible entries and exits. Then, after quite a long search that I shall spare you the details of, I found Fortunato's room. It was just as flamboyant as I expected it to be, perfectly fit for someone as over the top as my dear friend. As jovial as I was over locating the room, my happiness was short lived as I bore witness to one of the more disgusting things I've seen in my life. It was a scene that was so abhorred that I could barely tear my eyes away from it, however it was Fortunato's wife so that much was to be expected, I watched in pure disgust as the woman, if I can even call that thing a woman, began to chew her toenails, which isn't the worst thing however what came next nearly caused me to pass out. As she chewed her toenails pus began to come out of the sides of her nail, however she paid it no mind and simply continued chewing. This continued on for far longer and she continued to surprise me with how disgusting she could be, however to keep you at least somewhat pure after reading this I will spare you those details. I continued walking around the outside of the house noticing my bottle of Amontillado, taking a mental note for later till I finally circled around the house. Now that the scouting itself was finished I had but one last task to complete, the date of which my mission should begin. After a long amount of consideration I decided upon this Friday shortly before Mrs. Fortunato arrived back home from her weekly trip to the market to buy onions, as most ogres do. I took a peak into Fortunato's study and let a small smile creep across my face as I saw him sipping his wine and reading a lovely story, however he turned his head, supposedly feeling my gaze, and so I quickly fled the mansion ground to wait until Friday arrived.