02

I look up to see the most beautiful guy I've ever seen

I look up to see the most beautiful guy I've ever seen. He looks around my age which is weird since most people don't change school before junior year, especially since it's the toughest. His dark brown hair slightly covers his eyes but not enough to hide his pretty light brown eyes. His skin is tan but pale at the same time. I can see his arm muscles through his tight shirt and it's a sight I'll never get used to looking at. He has to be at least six feet tall, he almost hovers a foot over me.

"Um- okay. This is nice and all but what does this have to do with me?" I ask finally taking my eyes off him but not before giving his body one more scan. I need to have some self-control, I just met the guy and I'm practically drooling over him. 'Have some standards' I think to myself.

"You're going to give him a tour of the school," She says smiling. Oh, I get it, this was just a trap to get me to meet new people. It's a good effort but not going to happen.

I laugh a little, "no but thanks for the offer." I stand picking up my stuff and getting ready to walk out the door.

"That wasn't an offer, you're going to show him around and if you fail to do so you can meet me in detention." I huff, rolling my eyes. This can't be allowed right? "This is a good opportunity for you, now both of you go," She urges us both out.

I grab my stuff and actually make it out the door this time. At least I get to give someone cute a tour, that's a plus I guess. Maybe this won't be as bad as I'm making it seem.

"So Leilani, pretty name by the way, is there anything I should know about this school?" Everette asks, watching me intensely, almost like he's studying me. Something about him seems familiar but I can't put my finger on it. I guess I'll drop it for now.

I smile a little, "thank you, Everette, you have a pretty cool name too. Well, there are the three main bitches at our school, I only know one of their names though. Mikayla, she just loves to mess with me, I think she's in love with me to be honest. Don't trust the guidance counselor they like to lie a lot. That's about all I got for you," I say not meeting his eyes.

We walk by Anastasia's locker, the only locker that stands out compared to the rest. 'Please don't ask, please don't ask, please don't ask.' I beg him in my mind hoping that he can somehow hear me.

"Whose locker is that?"

Well, we can cross mind reader off the list of potential powers he may have. "That locker belonged to my best friend; Anastasia, she killed herself on the last day of school last year." Wow, is all I can think. I've never had to explain that to somebody before. The thick air fills my lungs and I blow it out of my mouth, letting out a sigh of defeat.

"Shit!" I whisper-shout, I cut my finger on the sharp part of a locker. That's what I get for not paying attention. Everette looks at me but I can't tell if he's concerned for me or if I startled him. Probably a bit of both. "Sorry, I cut my finger" I explain. It's not a deep cut but it's worse than a paper cut and it burns like hell.