FORTY-TWO !

chapter 42, warriors vs ducks

TODAY WAS THE big day for both Warriors and the Ducks. It was finally the showdown between them. It's either Warriors stand or Ducks fly.

"Fasten your seatbelts and hold onto your hats everyone. Oh, do we have a special showdown for you. David versus Goliath in a titanic grudge match. The winner can truly that he is the symbol of Eden hall."

Cassidy looked up in the stands, looking around for a her mother. When she spotted her, Casey waved at her. Cassidy smiled brightly and waved back.

"Tonight, the Eden Hall varsity Warriors do battle with the Eden Hall freshman Ducks. That's right folks. The sigh of the Duck is here at Eden Hall for at least one night."

Cassidy stood beside her brother by the entrance door of the ice rink. Charlie looked down at her for a moment and then back to Fulton.

"This is for Hans." He nodded his head and everyone else agreed. Cassidy felt her throat go dry at the mention of his name.

The team began going inside the ice rink, Cassidy smiling at each of her teammate. Adam was the last to go, Cassidy following behind him and they all skate in one circle and touching the ice with their fingertips.

"It appears they're paying homage to their departed friend and mentor, Hans. The touching of the ice is a Norwegian symbol of respect."

The team goes to their side of the box. Cassidy skated smoothly to the box before a pair of skates stopped in front of her. She looked up to see Rick Riley, smirking down at her.

"This is going to hurt little ducky." Rick said, shoving her shoulder as he skates away. Cassidy scowled and continued to go to her box.

"All right, let's go hunting for goose eggs, huh? Come on, hands in." Everyone puts their hands in the middle. "On three, Quack."

The team looked at each other with smiles on their faces. "One, two, three."

"Quack, quack, quack, quack, quack." They chanted, getting louder after each word they said. The crowd began chanting with them as well, Cassidy looked around in a daze.

This was the moment she has been waiting for her whole life. Hockey has been so much to her and bigger things were about to happen.

"Go Ducks!"

Player hoot and the crowd cheers. Cassidy was about to enter the box, thinking she wasn't going to play yet but Orion quickly stopped her.

"Whoa, where do you think you're going Frankenstein?" Orion asked her, using her nickname.

"Inside the box?" She questioned, confused.

"Nope. You're going out there. To play." Orion smiled, watching as a huge grin made it's way onto Cassidy's face.

She simply nodded and smoothly skates out on the ice, getting into her position. She watches as Adam takes the face off and exchanges a few words with Rick.