Day 17: The Nevermoor Bazaar

Morrigan searched the Nevermoor Bazaar for Jack. She had managed to lose him when she paused to look at a display of shadow lamps. When she'd turned around, Poof! He was gone. 

Morrigan wandered past a snake charmer and a hot-dog vendor, trying to figure out what to do. 

"Morningtide's child...." She murmured. Morrigan didn't realize that she'd called wunder until she saw it surrounding her. She suddenly had an idea. What if she used the invisible web of wunder to find Jack?

With a thought, she sent it out in every direction. It would find Jack, and then organize itself into a string, leading right to him.

It didn't take too long before a trail of wunder wound through the bazaar, with Morrigan on one end and Jack on the other. 

It took about an hour for Morrigan to catch up with him. "Jack!" She called. He turned around, and relief flooded his face.

"Morrigan! There you are!" He started running towards her, and about halfway there he got tackled. 

But not by Morrigan. By Jupiter.

"Jack! There you are, I've been looking all over for you!"

Jupiter hugged his nephew so tightly that his face started going blue. "Um, Jupiter?" Morrigan cut in, yanking on her patron's arm. "Let him breathe, Jupiter."

"What's going on with him?" The two children asked Fen, (Who was, of course, dragged along,) when Jupiter finally let go.

"He had a sudden attack of responsibility," She replied, flicking her tail. "He was worried about letting you two go to the Bazaar alone, and decided to come get you and take you for ice cream and troublemaking."

Jack and Morrigan rolled their eyes. That was Jupiter, through and through. 

"Come on, kids!" He called back to them, cheerfully. "I'll teach you how to make the perfect stink bomb!"

They sighed. He was almost as bad as Hawthorne.