FORTY-THREE !

chapter 43, ducks fly together

THE SECOND PERIOD was the worst of all when the Varsity players were constantly shoving and throwing the Ducks everywhere but even so, they got up and fought back.

"Come on, come on!" Orion yelled as he called for a line change. Cassidy jumped over to boards and skate out to the ice. Just as the puck was on the ice, Cassidy was quick to get shoved.

She groaned as her back made impact with the cold ice. "Come on!" She heard her mother yell as she got up and glared at each of the Varsity players shoving her teammates.

Cassidy charged at one of them, shoving them into the boards. Then another to the ice, another one over her back. She was fighting each and every one of them, and they fought back as well.

Cole immediately got a hard hit on the girl, shoving her against the boards as a pile of Varsity players hit on her as well. Cassidy screamed in pain and she felt herself fall.

Holding her arm in pain, she looked up at Cole who let out a sinister laugh at her. She grumbled, standing up to pound at him but felt someone hold her back.

"You ok?" Adam asked her as she melted against his touch. Cassidy simply nodded her head and they went back into the game.

Just as Averman got a hard hit in the face, everyone gasped and lets out laughs.

"Whoa, Les Averman just got levelled. He must be seeing stars."

As Fulton and Dwayne brought his back to the box, Averman looked around in a daze, a drowsy smile on his face.

"Ah, it's so pretty up there." He mumbled, smiling at Orion. "Hi Coach!"

"Okay son, have a seat."

Cassidy went to the box, grabbing her waterbottle and angrily chugging down some water as she glared at the Varsity team.

"Keep hitting, they'll break."  Their coach said, tapping one of their helmets.

"The only thing that will break is your guys bones!" Cassidy yelled at them but her sentence was then muffled when Charlie put a hand on her mouth.

"Watch yourselves, Ducks. They're head hunting, huh?" Orion warned them after hearing what Wilson had said. "Fulton, Goldberg. Change it up!"

"Orion sends out Fulton and their new defensive weapon, Goldberg. Huge save by Gaffney! She got caught out of the net but saved the pick just in the nick of time! Nice save, Julie the Cat!"

"Yeah Julie!" Cassidy screamed until someone tapped her helmet. She looked up to see Coach Orion smiling down at her. "What?"

"Go break some warrior armour Frankenstein." He said and he didn't even finish his sentence when Cassidy went out.

"Oh boy, she's angry." Charlie mumbled, shaking his head. "You don't want to play with Cass, when she's angry."

Another round had started and Guy was quickly checked to the boards. Everyone lets out complaints when the Ref didn't call anything.