Tears of Late

For a moment, I stared open mouthed. My brain wrestled control over my process of thoughts. All it whispered repeatedly was:
"Your fault."
My mind instantly ran through the possible memories of her; red scarf already torn to bits that time... and I didn't know what else.
Stupid me.
Without thinking, I crashed to my knees, stared at her sharp face, her pale eyelids concealing those grey eyes that were once full of life. A silver blade lay beside her, blood playing around the sharp edge.
She killed the Titan, I realised, and then killed herself.
I reached out, and embraced her small stature for the first time since we hit 13. Her hair, which brushed against me, made my face tingle with sorrow, an arrow in my heart. Blood soaked all over her cape and seeped into my white clothing, but I couldn't care. Memories; how she always never smiled but was reliable, me shrugging her off, and sometimes, just the two of us would play together and Armin would be busy with a book... How she'd always beat me in running to the mini forest and back...
I buried her head in my arms and teared. How long had it been since I cried? I cry every night. I do. But how long had it been since I cried... for her?
Never.
She had cried for me, many times, inside and out; somehow I thought she was just being ridiculous. But now, sitting here in the middle of a foggy place with a human that had unknowigly meant so much to me dead and only memories, plain and blunt yet colourful left, Those tears her grey doe-eyes once shed turned into pangs of guilt that seeped into me.
"Your fault."
I rested her against a tree; the fog started to clear, and snuffling, I drew out a red flame.
As it shot to the sky, I remembered that same red scarf she used to wear everytime.
You gave her that.
I rubbed my eyes, squeezing the life out of the remaining tears. As I glanced back at her fast enough to not bawl again, I wondered to myself-
Was this tears... a little late?

Aaaand... it's done! How did you guys find it? Stay tuned for a Levi x Own Character fanfiction: The blue winged butterfly! see you :)
-Tsuki