Chapter 11: Lost Girls (1)

3rd person POV:

"What are you?" Elena asks again only this time more harshly as she looks between the Salvatore twins. Grayson takes a step to the side, letting his brother deal with this, but also staying so he could watch.

"You know." Stefan finally relents. Shaking her head in denial Elena says, "No, I don't." "Yes, you do, or you wouldn't be here." Grayson interjects with a bored tone. Momentarily forgetting how he was going to stay out of it.

"It's not possible. It can't be." Elena says still in denial, not wanting to believe what she knows is true. "Everything you know... and every belief that you have is about to change. Are you ready for that?" Stefan asks causing Grayson to roll his eyes. 'God, he is so dramatic.' Grayson thinks.

"What are you?" "I'm a vampire." Hearing this Elena shakes her head and quickly makes a run for it back to her car. However, Stefan uses his vampire speed to get in front of her, shocking the girl. "How did you do that?" She asks scared. "Please don't be afraid of me." Stefan pleads, but it falls on deaf ears. "Let me go." Is all Elena says before she gets into her car and quickly drives away.

"Why do they always run?"

"Not now Grayson!"

*****

"It was so hilarious

"It was so hilarious. She was like 'what are you?'" Grayson says in a high pitch voice acting out the scene to Piper as they were in her room laying on her bed. "And then Stefan was like 'everything you know and every belief that you have is about to change' and 'I'm a vampire.'" He then says in a deeper voice mocking Stefan.

Hearing this Piper bursts out laughing. "Oh what I would give to have seen that." Eventually the pair calmed down from their laughter. "So, Damon got out and is most likely on a murder spree." Piper says causing Grayson to nod and reply, "Yep." "And now one of my best friends has found out that she's dating a vampire." "Yep." "Brilliant. What a night. What an absolutely smashing night." Piper retorts sarcastically.

"Hey, what is up with people dramatically running away when they find out about vampires?" Grayson questions. "Well maybe because finding out that vampires are real and that one is standing in front of you is terrifying." Piper says as though it was obvious. "Also, technically I ran before I found out you were a vampire. Not after."