Chapter 21: Let the Right One In

3rd person POV:

Damon was just finishing putting some wooden boards up to cover the broken window from last night. He wasn't happy with the tomb vampires. "I say we go to Pearl's bust down the door and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night." Damon suggests.

"Yeah?" Stefan asks rhetorically. "And then what, turn to the rest of their house of vampires and say oops, sorry?"

Both Damon and Grayson shrug. "Not the worst plan." Grayson states and doesn't say anything further after receiving a glare from Stefan.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her." Elena speaks up making Grayson roll his eyes as he forgot that the doppelganger was even here.

" Elena speaks up making Grayson roll his eyes as he forgot that the doppelganger was even here

Looking at the Gilbert girl Piper says, "Well he's Damon, not Elena. He can do what he wants. Even if it was a stupid decision." Grayson smirks at the fact that Piper wouldn't just blindly do what Elena wants. She's her own person and has her own choices. Elena doesn't own Piper or anyone in this town.

"It's more like a helpful exchange of information." Damon corrects, referring to what Elena had said a few moments ago. "It's not like I got a choice. She's scary." He adds in defense. "Besides, she's going to help me get Kathrine back."

Grayson groans hearing this. "Just forget out the bitch, Damon."

"Oh of course she is." Elena scoffs. "Damon gets what he wants, as usual, no matter who he hurts in the process."

Sitting up properly on the couch Grayson points a finger at Elena. "No one talks to my brother like that. Got it? Otherwise you won't have to worry about Damon killing you, it will be me." He threatens.

Piper places her hand on Grayson's knee to calm him down. He lets out a breathe as he picks up her hand on his knee as he rests their connected hands on his thigh.

"You don't need to be snarky about it." Damon retorts to Elena.

Looking at the eldest Salvatore and obviously ignoring the youngest she makes a snide comment. "I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky.

"You really haven't." Piper and Grayson both comment.

"Ugh. How long are you gonna blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?" Damon questions.

"I'm not blaming you Damon. I've accepted the fact that you're a psychopath with no redeeming qualities." 

"This isn't being very productive." Stefan interferes. "We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires, yeah?"

Damon doesn't answer but instead just stands up and walks away whilst giving Stefan a look.

As soon as Damon was gone, Stefan pulled Elena into a hug. "I'm sorry." She apologises. "He just makes me so cranky."