Ten

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

The ticking of the second hand on the large grandfather clock echoed through Darrell's head as he sat at his desk, slumped in his chair, hands folded in front of his face.

His eyes were latched onto the pendulum, following it as it swung back and forth, back and forth.

Every time he closed his eyes, he saw Lady Jazlyn laying beneath him, utterly helpless and lewdly splayed underneath his body as he almost ravished her completely.

His wolf had been let loose. Something had taken over his body, his own actions. His mind went cloudy and all he could think about was the sexy woman that had kissed him with her thick, lavish lips.

"What am I going to do?" he asked himself, rubbing a hand down his face. "I'm soon-to-be-married and kissing another woman. That is not suitable for the Kingdom."

Even though those words were leaving his lips, they made him sick. He didn't want to marry Olena. She was absolutely stunning, sure. But in all reality, she had a mate out there that he took her from. Not only that, but she is only agreeing to marry him for the royalty. The popularity. The wealth.

Even though Darrell tried to force those sinning thoughts out of his head, he couldn't help but picture Jazlyn's chocolate brown tantalizing eyes darken as he trailed kisses down her body. A body that he had seen bare before his very eyes.

Heat filtered to his face and he growled, lowering his head into the top of the desk. "Goddamnit."

As if summoned, Finn entered the room. "Sire, Olena has requested your presence. I told her I would ask, but you were needing a day to yourself."

"How do you know me so well?" Darrell asked, his face still on the desk.

"I observe, Darrell," Finn replied. The King could hear the amusement in his voice. "Mind telling me what is bothering you?"

Darrell nibbled on his lip. "No. I just want to be alone."

"I'll relay that to Olena but I don't know how well it will sit with her," Finn said, leaving Darrell alone in his thoughts once more.

His thoughts drifted off to Jazlyn. What was she thinking? Did she regret it? Did she enjoy it?

The memory of her soft hands grabbing his face as she pulled him in. Those delicate, beautifully thick lips pressed onto his own made his wolf growl in pleasure. Then finally, he lost control, allowing his wolf to take over and love Jazlyn.

Love...?

Love.

Darrell's mind was going miles a minute. Was it possible that he still had a mate out there? Was it possible that he could find a mate that wasn't of age?

The office door threw open and Olena marched in. "Darrell! What is with you today? I wanted you to come down for a private breakfast with me and you just ignored my invitation."

"Olena. My head hurts. I just need some quiet time to myself," Darrell said.

"That is absolute poppycock!" Olena hissed, her blue eyes narrowing. "You just don't want me as your wife. I'm just going to be a pup-pusher and that is all I'll be to you!"

"Olena, please," Darrell grumbled, massaging his temple. He didn't need this on top of the other things going through his mind. "Not now."

Olena scoffed while rolling her eyes, planting her hands on her hips. "Don't dismiss me like I'm one of your peasants! I am the future Queen!"