Chapter 1

The last class is about to finish, mum texted me she would be outside waiting for me. She has plans for us, she even booked a hotel room so I wouldn't have to stay in my dorm room. I can't wait to see her; I am so excited.

I miss my boyfriend Charlie a whole bunch though, he & I came to an agreement that the next time I have a couple of days break, I'd travel through and spend a night at his. He's excited for that mystery day. I am too.

"Okay, class dismissed, see you next week. Remember your assignments- for those who haven't already done it anyway" Miss Larco rolls her eyes at all her students as half of them are beyond lazy but the other half are well ahead of the rest.

I'm on the other side, I've already did the work. With this Uni, whenever you've completed as assignment for class, you can email your work to your teacher and that is exactly what I did. 2 days ago.

I grabbed my stuff, pushed my chair under the table and headed out of the class.

"See you next week Nick" I nod at my mate, Carlos. He's an alright guy.

"See you later Nicky" I roll my eyes at Luna, she's the class 'hottie'

"See you after Carlos, and Luna, I've already told you many times— I'm taken" she continues to shrug and move past me. I'm sick of everyone brushing past that fact about me. It's not fair on my anxiety.

I struggled with it enough in high school with Imogen. She was a lovely girl, but taking a photo with and posting it, automatically people thought I was dating her. You can imagine some of the shock when the school saw me take Charlie's hand and walk off the field with him.

I'm nearing the entrance of the building; I think I can see my mum's car and my excitement starts to build and the anxiousness of everything prior melts away.

Leaving the double doors but holding them to allow another student to walk through, I see my mum right enough. She's there wearing the yellow stripped woollen jumper. I remember she wore that when I came out to her. Such a memory, I can't ever forget about it.

"Hi Mum" I wrap both my arms around her neck.

"Hello. My darling, I missed you so much" I nuzzle my face immediately into her neck.

"I hope you drive wasn't too bad" she shakes her head in my neck time.

"Not at all, the company was nice" Company? I'm confused.

"Company? I thought you were coming alone..." she pulls away and looks me in the eye.

"I was, but I decided on something... to cheer you up even more" I look at my mother in the eyes, and the love that burst from those pupils are so strong.

I look behind my mum and that's when my heart swells.

"CHARLIE?" He widens his arms as if to say 'surprise' I immediately run to him and wrap my arms around his waist, he takes the gesture immediately to lift his legs and wrap them around my torso. I don't care if anyone sees this. I missed this man so fucking much it actually hurts.

"I missed you so much Char" I can't hold it in... I can't.

I start sobbing. Charlie tightens the hug even more to console me.

"I'm here Nick, I missed you so much too"

I'm so pathetic, I'm full-on sobbing.

"I won't let go till you're ready" Okay... people are going to start questioning me... I need to stop, or at least calm.

"Son?" I turn to face my Mum, rubbing my eyes- I keep Charlie's arms around my neck as I don't want him to let go.

"Let's get away from here for a bit, want to get some food?" I nod smiling, my Mum is amazing. With the suggestion being taken on, I take Charlie's wrists in my hand and move them down and engulf one of his hands in my own. That way I'm walking towards Mum's car with Charlie in hand.