Chapter 4

🍃🍂Next Morning 🍂🍃

*chirp chirp*

I hear birds outside the window, it slowly wakes me from my slumber. My whole body is red hot in temperature- I look down to find black curly hair and memories of last night begin to flood my brain and I'm suddenly overwhelmed with happiness.

I'm overjoyed that Charlie is here.

I'm so glad that my Mum is here.

I'm stoked both of my favourite people are here.

I'm just missing Nellie.

"Nick?" I look down to find Charlie looking back at me from an awkward angle, I release my hold on him.

"Turn around silly" he chuckles, turning around to face me, I swing my leg back over his, pulling him closer to me.

"Stay close to me, I need you close to me" He smiles wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me close to him. I never want to let him go. Never.

"Last night was incredible Nick" my heart swells at his sweet words.

"I completely agree. Last night was one of my all-time favourite moments" I place a gentle but subtle kiss on his head through his hair.

I love everything about Charlie. his hazel brown eyes, his dark short curly hair, his personality, his shortness... everything. He's my best friend. My soulmate.

I'm just really glad he's here.

"Thank you so much for coming" he smiles and kisses me.

"Why did you come though, aside from my mum bringing you?"

"I wanted to make sure you would have a Uni Reunion"

"I love you, Charlie" I hug him tighter.

"I love you too, Nick!" He falls deeper into my chest as I hug him.

*Knock, knock*

Instinctively, I grab Charlie tighter.

"Come on in Mum" Charlie looks at me, surprised.

"She only ever knocks twice" He slowly nods, smiling.

"Morning boys, can I come in?" I cackle into Charlie's hair.

"You okay with her coming in love?" Char says nothing but snuggles deeper into my chest if that's even possible.

"Sure" I hear footsteps following, and the door closes.

"So, boys... I was thinking we could maybe go to a park, or a beach...what's good around here son?" I wanted to say nothing, so I could just stay in this hotel room and snuggle with Charlie. But I know mum wanted to spend some quality time with me.

"I'm not sure to be honest Mum, I've not really ventured much since I've been here" Silence falls within the 4 walls that surround us.

"So, you've only been to college and your dorm room?" I silently nod, Charlie's hair tickles my nostrils so I blew them away gentle.

"Okay good, how about we find something to do, would you be okay with that Charlie son?" That questions bring his attention to full speed.

"Yeah, I'm good with that. I think I'm going to have a quick shower first; we'll meet you downstairs in like 30 minutes, is that okay Mrs. Nelson?" She smiles sweetly at Char, her face brings so much joy to my heart knowing how much she's accepted Charlie into my life and her own.

"Sure thing, and remember I said to call me Sarah, I prefer it over Mrs. Nelson" He nods, appreciating my mum's honesty.

"Okay Sarah" she smiles sweetly at us both and hastily leaves the room.