Chapter 6

Later around dinner...

Since tonight is Charlie and Mum's last night, we decide to have dinner in a posh like hotel down the road from my college dorm. I'm sitting next to Charlie, hand-in-hand wearing a baby blue button-up shirt, black lined trousers with my favourite lucky belt, and complimenting the outfit is my prom shoes, half Italian leather with silk laces. Fancy right? Mum bought this stuff up for me to wear as she had made the reservations.

Charlie sitting in the chair next to me was eyeing the customers around us, I could feel a nervous vibe oozing from him, his skin was covered in tingles. He's nervous beyond comparison.

"You okay my love?" He turns to face me, his eyes a little lost.

"Everyone here, including you & your lovely mum are dressed nicer and I'm sitting here dressed like this" He sits hunched over slightly in a red checkered shirt, black tank underneath, he accompanied the shirt with dark washed out jeans and his grey velvet belt and his black and white vans.

I lean over to him, my lips near his ears.

"Listen to me carefully...Char!" His breath hitches, I know Mum's away at the reception at the front of the restaurant asking about something, so I am in the clear for now.

"You are fucking hot in that checkered shirt, your jeans and the vans... if we weren't here right now- I'd take you as you are" I change the octave in my voice for the last 6 words, making sure my breath would escape no-where else but his ear.

"Jesus Nicholas" He leans into my words.

"Oh, using my full name, are we?" I slowly trail my right hand onto his leg under the table, my fingernails dragging against his jeans. Just enough pressure to cause a reaction. He takes a deep breath as I push my hand further down, my lips on his earlobe.

"You like that, don't you?" He shyly giggles.

"People are going to stare if you're not careful" I flicked my eyes around us, no one is looking.

"Let them, I'm not hiding my affection for you" I grab the bottom of his earlobe with my teeth, pulling gentle before letting go and looking around once more.

"We're in the clear my love"

"No, we aren't though... your mum's coming back" My focus was snapped back to the restaurant.

"Damn it..." My mum walks back to the table with a smile waving at us, we both return the wave.

"Sorry about that boys, you both okay?" I was, for sure. But I look over at Charlie, his eyes begging his voice to speak words, but all he could muster was a smile and a simple nod. I look down at my legs to hide the fact I am biting my lip.

"Well, it's slowly getting late so we should maybe call it a night, I don't want to of course, but check out-" Mum takes the biggest breath.

"Check out is at 10 am" We all nod, the vibe just went downhill.

"Yeah, you're right Mum, but you know something. The main thing right now is that you both came to visit me at the same time. I am more thankful for that than anything else" Charlie and Mum smile widely. I loved these guys with all of my heart.

After dinner, we went for a walk.

My arm around Charlie's shoulder as I held my mother's hand in the other. I didn't want to let either of these two go. So, I didn't for the rest of the time we were out walking around.

But once we got to the front of the hotel, we decided to just sit in the lobby and have a chat.

"So, Sarah... I was thinking since we know the date that Nick comes back from finishing University... why don't we..." He glances at me, I look at him, confused.

"Organise a get-together for him?" He looks at Mum, I realise what he's suggesting and immediately off the top of my head... I start to panic but then I think of a cover-up.

"Oh, that's really sweet of you Char, you know what... Mum help him organise it to how he likes it and wants it- that'll be a surprise for me" Charlie nods, takes my hand up to his lips and kisses it tenderly.

We slowly come to the entrance of the hotel, everything around us was quite since it was fairly late at night.

We decide to take a seat in the lounging area. But Charlie doesn't sit down. Mum & I do.

"I'm going to the toilet before we head up" Mum nods, grabbing a magazine from the side table.

Charlie leans down to my level, moving closer to my ear.

Sure Charlie, because that doesn't look suspicious.

Charlie leans into my ear, waiting a second or two to make sure Mum isn't listening in.

"I don't want to get distracted with bathroom breaks-" He leans in ever so slightly closer.

"Nicholasss" The hiss on the 's' has me grabbing the chair handles with both hands. He tapped into my gentle but very effective weakness. He's going to pay. He walks away, strutting his steps. He's proud of himself. I am too though.

I quickly fix my grips on the chair before Mum looks up to question me.

"You have a fun night with Charlie, okay... be careful" I feel my face go crimson at her words, especially the last 2. She flicks through the magazine and I realise this might be my only chance.

"Mum, since Charlie isn't here... see when he mentioned he wanted to organise a get-together... make sure it's how he likes it?" She nods, smiling like a Cheshire cat.

"Also, how are we going to find out his ring size... any ideas?" She winks at me.

"Of course," Mum states before Charlie comes back a moment later.

"Charlie, weird request. My friend wants to buy her son a purity ring... but she asked me to find out his ring size, I've noticed your hands are very similar. Can you try my ring on your finger?" Charlie looks at me, then at my mum- no hesitation in his voice.

"Sure, let me see it" I watch as mum takes off her ring and Charlie places on it on that special finger, it's a perfect fit.

"Ah, so you're my size. Okay, I'll text her my size. Thank you, Charlie" He nods, smiling away- he leans into the side of his chair, I reach my arm to hold his shoulder, squeezing it. A moment later my phone vibrates in my pocket, I eye my mum- she's just locked her phone and is now gathering her belongings.

"Well, I hate to do this, but I am heading up. Goodnight boys" She gives Charlie a kiss on the side of his head and leans over to give me a hug and a gentle kiss to my temple.

"Love you, son, night" She walks away leaving Char & me on our own, I reach over slowly and grab Charlie's right hand and pull him towards me.

"Come sit" He lifts off the chair and comes over, sits his cute ass on my legs and cuddles into me.

We just sit in this chair cuddling, the thought of him leaving tomorrow- hurts me. I don't want him to go.