Chapter 5

Downstairs...

"There you boys are, I was about to send a search party to find you" we all chuckle at my mum's sarcasm, but Charlie and I looked at each with smirks plastered on our faces. Mum sees this but says nothing. That be the reason I love her so much.

"Well... are we ready to go then Sarah?" It still sounds a little weird that Charlie is calling my mum by her first name... but at the same time, it feels right. Weird combination.

"Yes, Nick son we are taking my car" I nod, taking Charlie's hand into mines and follow mum outside into the parking lot to where she parked her car.

"Today is going to be good, I can feel it" we all nod as we climb into the car. I open the back door and Charlie stops me, looking confused.

"What's wrong?"

"How come you're not going to the front with your mum?" I lift my hand up that his hands intertwined with mines.

"Because I don't want to let go" he sighs, his lips showed a sign of sheer happiness as I climbed into the back before him. Once he's sat down next to me and we're both buckled in, I take my hand that holds Charlie's into my other and place it on my lap.

"We ready?" I see mum look into the rear view mirror, she sees our hands together, I look into the mirror with the biggest smile on my face, she doesn't need to say anything else- she knows.

"I'm thinking, around 8 minutes away from here, there's a museum if that's not too boring for either of you?" Charlie smiles at me and places his head on my shoulder, I lean into his hair, sighing happy.

"Sure son, where is it?"

"Keep driving ahead, I'll let you know when we get there" she nods, as we come to a stop at a set of lights.

I sit in the back with Charlie...the car ride is quite. Mums focused on driving, Charlie's laying against my shoulder. I feel at home. I have for a long time. I looking forward to mum coming this weekend, but the void of not having Charlie near me wasn't going to be filled- until I saw him standing behind her. That's when my heart became fully full.

I know what I what I want.

I conjure this plan in my head to speak to mum when we get to museum.

I want to spend the rest of my life with Charlie. I need him. He needs me. We need each other. Going to Uni and not having Charlie by my side has helped me realise this. It's been hard not having him near me every single day. Not being able to kiss him, hug him, tease him, love him, cuddle him... anything. Not having that has been really hard. I truly didn't realise how much I actually fell for Charlie in school- but it's truly came into the light how HARD I fell. I would've done anything for this boy that lays against my shoulder. I fought my shit pals for him, they never understood Charlie like I did. Anytime they ever took the piss, I just wanted to punch them. But karma got them in the end. Charlie's my world.

Knowing what I am going to do, I snap back to reality and just in time too.

"That's it to the right-hand side mum" she gentle breaks the car in time to turn into the parking lot. It's not a huge place, but it's not small either. It's a good size for a little wander about.

Okay, I need to find a point today to speak to mum.

"Let's go my love" Charlie takes his head away from my shoulder to open the door and exit it, I didn't like the weight leave me, I liked how Charlie lying on my shoulder felt.

We make our way inside; I grab Charlie's hand into mines. He seems concerned.

"Charlie, I don't care who sees us, I like being with you, I want to be seen with you" he responds by tightening his grip around my hand, he didn't need to say anything. We both knew that; our smallest gestures were enough.