Chapter 10

Tonight was the night. Tonight was the night Scarlett Ingrid Johansson would get married. Again. She prayed nothing would go wrong this time, everything in her wanted this wedding to be perfect. Perhaps if the wedding went perfect, her marriage wouldn't go to shit like her previous few. However, everything had already started doing just that. Romain was still there and was adamant on seeing Rose again, a court date already arranged in a months time, and in those few weeks Rose was to stay with her mother, Chris wasn't there yet and nobody had seen him, Scarlett's hairdresser arrived late due to traffic and on-top of it she felt sick. Perhaps it was because of the nerves, but there was a feeling in the pit of her stomach she just couldn't shake off. She paced up and down the large room, trying to figure things out when a loud knock interrupted her, "Blondey you decent?" Roberts voice rang, cracking the door, awaiting her response.
"Yeah," she breathed, still pacing.
"Hey," Roberts eyes met her's with worry "you good?"
She nodded vigorously but the tears that threatened to leak said otherwise.
"You sure?"
She choked "is Christopher here yet?" He didn't answer but instead gave her a pitiful smile,
"He wasn't feeling well, but he wanted me to give you this," he placed a box to the side and pulled her in for a hug.
"H-he promised." She hiccuped, she thanked God she was wearing waterproof mascara as the tears streamed freely down her face.
"I know, babe, I know," he rubbed her hair hesitantly, afraid to mess it up. "Sometimes you can't control these things, and to be honest, he didn't look on top of the weather yesterday."
"I know," she sniffed "it's just- I don't know- he's my best friend and I wanted- needed him here."
Robert pulled her back, grabbing her shoulders. "Listen, you are Scarlett fucking Johansson, you need No man and you are going to walk down that isle with or without Chris and your gonna kick it's butt. Okay? Otherwise I would have bought these new sunglasses for nothing. Plus, you now have something to hold over his head forever. 'Chris can you get me a cup of water,' ' No' 'you didn't come to my wedding.' 'Would you like ice with it'," Scarlett chuckled at his example "There ya go, there's my Scarlett. Come on. Smile. It's your wedding day. Be happy you're now tied down for the rest of your life, you need to be more exited!" He laughed, wiping her tears away.
"I love you Robert," she smiled, hugging the father-like figure tightly.
"Love you too doll."

Once Robert had left to go check up on the groom, she dried up her tears and went to look at the box Robert left, inside was a gorgeous silver necklace, six small diamonds aligned besides each other. It matched the dress unbelievably well, she gently picked it up as if it were made of eggshells and she was hulk smash. She quickly took off the necklace she was currently wearing and replaced it with her new one. As she looked in the mirror, her handbag caught her eye. The envelope. The one she took from Chris' trailer.

Now probably wasn't the best time to read it, but curiosity over came her as her slender fingers opened the paper.

Suddenly she couldn't breath, "ROBERT!" She screamed, trembling.

She needs to go. Now. If she read everything correctly, there was no way she could get married today.