6. Rekindling Friendship.

***Veer's POV.***

I missed her.

I realized that when I saw her laughing with us. She is so the same, but yet so different. Growing up, we were always together and had so much fun. Whenever I felt down and questioned my choices, these two were always there for me. It is so good to be back.

"Help me up." Piya says when we get up.

"You are not a damsel." Rihaan says and goes in.

"Stupid." She mumbles and starts to get up but I give her my hand.

"You can take mine." I say.

She smiles and says, "As expected of you, Veer. You are such a gentleman."

She takes my hand and sudden sparks go through me. I get hold of myself and help her up. What just happened? I have held Piya's hand a million times, and this has never happened. Then why now? Why today I feel different around her?

She starts to go in but stops when she sees I am not following, then comes back and takes my hand to bring me back to the house. With no complaints, I followed her and I really got a good look at her for the first time. She has grown up and become a beautiful woman.

She was always elegant and her fingers looked delicate, but now they are more graceful at how they move or how they are holding my wrist. The way she walks, the way she talks, the way she flips her hair and the way all that I am noticing so much is... not good.

"Veer?" Piya asks.

"What?" I ask.

"Where are you lost?" She asks.

"Nowhere." I say.

"I have been asking you something." She says.

"What?" I ask, and she sighs.

"Are you going to stay longer here?" She asks with a hopeful expression.

I smile and say, "Yeah."

"Great." She says excitedly then shakes her head.

"Veer!" Rihaan calls me before I can ask her what happened, and I go to join him.

As I felt Piya's finger slip away from my wrist, it also made me feel empty. I shake my head and walk up to Rihaan and he tells me about their plans now that I am here. He wants us all to go on a one-week trip somewhere after I had gotten enough rest and I assure him I will think about it.

"But you have to come with me tomorrow." He says.

"Where?" I ask.

"I just told everyone that you are in town and they all want to meet you. So we are going to a pub tomorrow night for a few drinks." He says.

"You are quick." I say.

"Come on. It is Saturday night and would be a homecoming party for you." He says.

"Fine. Is Piya coming?" I ask.

"No. I have yet to ask her." He says, "Wait a second. Piya! Come here for a moment, please."

"Yeah. What is it?" Piya asks as soon as she comes to a stop in front of us.

"We are going to the pub tomorrow night. Come with us." Rihaan says.

"Learn to ask, Rihu." She says as she pats his arm and I don't know why it bothers me but it shouldn't as I worked hard to make them friends.

"Fine. Would you come?" He asks.