20. Reject Or Regret?

***Piya's POV.***

"Here." Veer says as he gives me one more Sheermal after I already ate two before.

"Thank you. But you didn't have any." I say.

"Well, you have a sweet tooth, not me. Also, I will take these, if you don't mind." Veer says as he picks up Nadir Monji from my plate, the spicy lotus stems.

"Take it all. They are too spicy for me." I say while he smiles and I point at the sweet Sheermal as I continue, "But this is melting in my mouth like a chocolate. These are the ones that I love the most. I am making them at home again."

"Make these too if you can." Veer says waving the spicy lotus stems he is eating and I nod.

"I want to have some, too." Subu says, crashing beside me on the blanket.

"Here." I say and feed her.

"Thanks. You saved me. I didn't know I made a mistake bringing a camera on the trip. People are hoarding me to click their pictures." She says.

"Don't worry, no one will disturb you now." Veer says.

"Don't say that-" Subu goes to say when a little girl comes to stop in front of us.

She is dressed in traditional clothing and looks so cute, especially when she starts talking, "Di, can you take our pictures?"

"Our?" Veer and I ask together.

"Yes." She says with a nod and points at a distance where more girls are present.

"Are you here on a picnic?" Subu asks, and she nods again.

"Aww! You are so cute." Rihaan says, "Take their pictures, Subu. When you are pregnant, you can look at them and have kids as cute as she is."

"Rihu!" Subu exclaims with a blush.

"Will you take our pictures?" She asks again.

"Sure. Kids are better than adults who make millions of poses and spend hours and hours thinking about it. At least they will listen to me." Subu says and takes her hand while Rihaan takes her other hand.

"I don't know why, but I can imagine them having a little girl." Veer says with a smile.

"What about you? What do you want?" I ask with a smile, which drops the next second as I realize what I asked.

"Anything would be fine." He says as he still looks at them in the distance, "What about you?" He asks, looking back at me just when I took another bite of sheermal and started coughing and he gives me water.

"Me?" I asked in surprise after my cough had subsided.

"Yes. You want kids, right?" He asks, and I squirm under his curious gaze.

"I... I..." I hesitate.

"You..." He says with a smile.

"I want a boy." I say.

"Really?" He asks in surprise.

I push back my hair and say, "Yes. Caring, cute, kind, strong and loving towards his mother." Just like you are.

"Well, there is no chance he won't be cute." He says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because you are cute. So obviously he would be cute, too." He says, and I blush profusely.

"Stop it, Veer." I say.

"Why are you blushing? Are you trying to show me how cute you can be?" He asks and I look at him with an open mouth.