25. Cornered & Busted.

***Veer's POV.***

I walked into the motel to find Piya and skipped through the stairs. It has been days since I have talked to her and it has been killing me, especially when Kanika told me that why she had a scuffle with Piya in high school and the fact that she bested Kanika in that made me feel proud somehow.

At first I refused to believe she was telling the truth and was just saying it so I can just confess to Piya, but then she warned me against it. But how could I listen to her when I came to know about Piya's feelings? I had to tell Piya that I feel the same and end this stupid confusion. But again, Kanika stopped me.

And the reason she gave me was not all wrong.

Kanika was right Piya has taken after her Priya Masi, at least one fault of hiding their true feelings so as not to hurt anyone. Not to forget I have the same trait too, so I am no better. But then I am trying to change my habit for Piya. I want to be more open about how I feel.

I didn't want to listen to Kanika and was trying to make her understand it, but then she gave me another reason that, like me, Piya has suppressed many things in her heart. And not until they were out in the open when she breaks, she can't start anew.

It was painful to watch Piya for the past few days, especially after I came to know she has the same feelings as me. That we both were going through our own stupid and unnecessary struggles. Every time I would look at her, I would see a smile on her lips but deep sadness in her eyes, which would break me bit by bit.

She has been hurt many times because of me over the past month and it made me think I made a mistake coming back in her life? Should I just leave her be? But I can't do it anymore. Last time was difficult enough, but this time it would be heartbreaking. I just can't leave her, not anymore.

I will tell her the whole truth once we are alone and apologize. She would get angry and may never talk to me, but I will accept it as long as she does not cry. Because that's unbearable to watch. Also, she should punish me rather than cry. I am the one who should cry, not her, especially not for loving me.

"Excuse me, have you seen a girl dressed in black come in here?" I ask the receptionist, "She is my friend and in my group."

"She had gone in the back towards the washroom." She says and I nod and follow the direction.

"Veer?" Piya asked as soon as she saw me and blinked, "What are you doing here? Oh, you came for Kanika."

"Kanika?" I ask in confusion, "But she is on the bus already."

"What?" She asks in confusion, "But then Dev told she isn't feeling well and..."

"No, she is on the bus." I say.

"Then why are you here?" She asks.

"For you." I say.

"For me?" She asks with a surprise.

"Yeah. Now come on. We need to go before we miss the bus." I say and take her hand.

"You didn't need to come here to get me." She says.

"Why wouldn't I? I am your... I had to come." I say with a smile.

"Still..." She says.

"We will talk on the bus." I say, looking back at her as we come out.

"Bus! Where is the bus?" She exclaims.

"What do you mean, Piya? It should be... What the? Where is the bus?" I ask in shock too when I don't find our buses.