More Questions Than Answers.

July 31th 1984:

Okay I got to write this really quickly. I don't have as much time to write I usually do so I'll make this shorter.

I have no idea how long I was unconscious for, but I felt myself slowly getting back consciousness. I felt a bit dizzy but I eventually get myself on my feet again. I jumped out of the cab to check if there was crash but weirdly there wasn't crash, even more weird was that we were still on the rails. I then looked to see that the coaches were gone. I then looked up to take a look at the sky, and I realized it was still dark. Either we had just been unconscious for a few minute or we had slept through an entire day. I got back into Henry's cab and saw that Linwood was still unconscious. I was able to wake him up but then I heard a scream. I looked around to see where it came and then I realized it came from Henry. I had completely forgotten to check on him and so I walked over to him to check on him.

Henry jumped when he saw me but I quickly started comfort him. After a few minutes Henry was able to clam down. I then looked down and took mind of the that Henry was still on the rails. Now that I thought about it, how was that possible? A Black 5 steam engine crashing into a pair of buffers at almost full speed. It would at least crash through buffers. It doesn't make sense. We crashed into a pair of buffers at almost full speed, someone, or something re-railed us, took our coaches and then just left us. What in the world is going on?

Then something else caught my eye. Henry had more scars on his face. He had already gotten a scar on his cheek from one of those things at Knapford. But now he had one across his right eye and another one that covered nearly the entire left side of his face. 

I asked Henry if he remember how he got those and he told me the following. Apparently Henry sometimes briefly woke up but he always eventually lost consciousness. Apparently one time when he was briefly awake he heard a whistle coming from inside of his tunnel. His hearing was a bit off so the whislte didn't exactly sound like a whislte he recognized. But when the engine came out of the tunnel he immediately recognized who it was. It was Gordon. But it wasn't Gordon he had known for so many years. He had black eyes with dark and light blue eyes. He also weirdly had stripes and other weird things on his face he couldn't exactly describe. He also had extremely sharp teeth with a demonic look on his face, almost exactly the same as those people had back at Knapford. Henry says his vision during the whole thing was extremely blurry, but that didn't save him from the pain he went through. Gordon began to slaugther him. However right when Gordon seemed to be going in for the kill, a loud and long whistle came. It was Matthew. It seemed like he was escape however he was missing his brake coach. Gordon seemed to be interested in Matthew and so he left Henry and went after Matthew. 

Henry said after Gordon speeded away he lost consciousness again. He said that he heard another whistle coming from his tunnel again. However it wasn't Gordon's as it seemed to be more high pitched. But before the engine came out of the tunnel he lost consciousness again.

After he finished talking I walked back to his cab. When I got in I woke up Linwood who was just as confused as I was. The thing I found weirdist was, how come no one took the opportunity to kill us when we were unconscious? I mean, I'm not complianing but it would be such an easy snack for them. 

I have so many questions today and I couldn't come up with an answer for them. 
Me and Linwood agreed to back track to Knapford to look if we could find anyone who possibly survived. Henry was hesitate about the idea. Especially the massacare that happened back at Knapford. But I eventually talked him into it. I pulled the reverser and we slowly, tender first started going in the direction of Tidmouth. 

That's all I got for now. I'll continue writing another time.