Chapter 15 | I found her

Eddy jolted awake, coughing violently and gasping for air as if he had just drowned. Adjusting to the dark surroundings, his vision is finally able to capture familiar features - he's in his bedroom. The musician kicks back the damp blanket, discovering that the clothes on his back are drenched in cold sweat. His whole body feels sore and his head is heavy.

On the other side of the wall, someone else is hacking up a storm - Brett just woke up also gasping for breath

On the other side of the wall, someone else is hacking up a storm - Brett just woke up also gasping for breath. His friend emerges from his room disheveled, one hand on his forehead and the other pressed against the wall. He steadies himself before finally asking Brett if he's alright.

He clears his awfully dry throat, "Fine, you good?"

Eddy nods, dragging his feet to the kitchen to fetch them glasses of water. "Were you on the sofa this whole time?"

"Oh god," Brett grunts in agony as he gets up, "guess I did

"Oh god," Brett grunts in agony as he gets up, "guess I did."

The two lap up the drink like thirst-stricken animals while staring at the dent left on the sofa - the marked surface looks deep and rather darkened from the amount of weight and length of time it had endured.

"So," Brett fills the glass with another round of water, "was it real or..."

"Let's find out." he disappeared to his room for a bit and came back with his laptop.

In an unexpected turn of events, no significant feats of effort were required of them - mostly of Brett, to find all the links proving what they experienced was indeed real. They couldn't believe how quite easy it was to find publications on the recent Stonehenge research breakthrough, the connection to the legend of wizard Merlin from the King Arthur legends, and even the estate sale of a house in Edinburgh that was formerly owned by the late Mr Wilson.

There's even an article with photos of a team of young archeologists involved in the new Stonehenge discovery. And there she is in the picture, listed as a student of the Archeology department at Edinburgh University, involved in the work through her current summer internship at the university. To them she stood out from the other students - her familiar ginger hair tucked behind her ears, the ends brushing against her shoulders.