Detention⁵

"AH-HA! Monsters! I knew it! You know you aren't supposed to be on our side of town. What are you freaks up to?"

I scoff and stand in front of Frankie. "Your side of the town? Okay then. How about you tell those two ken dolls to stay out of our territory then." The two men looked at each other and grit their teeth.

Clawd came up from behind me with his fists up. "You started it!" The twins come up as well with their fists up. "And we're gonna finish it!" That pissed Clawd off. "Oh yeah?! Really?!" He went up to their face. "Come on! Go full!"

I was ready to flare my eyes up but Chad came up. "Stop! Everyone stop! Lilith! So they're monsters. Big deal! They weren't hurting anyone." I kind of relaxed. 'Interesting...' I thought.

"Not yet! But they will." The normies started chatting in worry. "Everybody, chill. This party was like super lame before the monsters showed up. You shouldn't be afraid of them. You should thank them. I mean," Claire scoffs.

"Lilith keeps saying how terrible they are. But like— When was the last time one of them did anything bad to us?"

Police sirens cut her off. The Van Hellscream Bitch and her minions rush out in excitement. I look through the window and see Holt getting arrested. I widened my eyes. 'Holt! Jackson!' Holy was struggling against the police officer's hold.

"Looks like they got the guy who vandalized our school!" One normie said. "I was framed yo!" One officer picks a bag up. "Yeah sure, then what's all this?" The officer pulls up a spray can and sprays it on his face. He screamed and falls back onto his car.

"Wha—Wha— Why would he spray— what could possibly be spray paint onto his fucking face??? That's real idiocy there. It's common sense— for ALL species that you don't spray something that's not good for your face, on your face!"

Frankie pushed the twins out of the way. "Holt!" She yelled out to him. "Hey, don't you worry about me Frankie Fine. These dudes, they got it ALLLLLLLL wrong, yeah!"

"Sheriff! There's more evil monsters! Over here!" We all flinched. "RUUUNNNNN!!!" We all begin to run away. I could've sworn I heard Holt yell out my name too. 'Sorry buddy. We'll get you later.'

"What am I going to do with you? What were you thinking? Defacing the normie school like that." Head Mistress Bloodgood scolded.

"But Bloodgood we didn't—!"

"Hush, Frankie. Don't make things any worse for yourselves."

"But—"

"Shh."

Frankie was shushed by her hand closing her mouth shut. She just looked off to the side ashamed. "Such foolish endeavors. You've set monster normie relations back a hundred years. And now, this close to Halloween, lucky all you're getting is detention." Everyone looked down.

I timidly raised my hand. Bloodgood sighed. "Yes, Y/n?" I brought my hand down. "Can I just say... that we didn't deface their school? I mean, I admit, we were planning on doing something to their school as well but the graffiti was better than what we could've done. I doubt any of us wanted to go up there and spray all of that."

She stayed quiet but then sighed. "Unless you plan on telling the normie officers that, that statement means nothing." I cursed internally but nodded, understanding.

"Hehehe. Alright. Welcome to detention! Here are the rules. No talking, laughing, smiling, or breathing! Well, okay. Maybe a little bit of breathing and NO GUM." He slammed the table.

I sat in an empty seat in the back. I was the only one in the back. I'm known for making my friends or acquaintances laugh with just a simple look. Sadly, Mr. Hackington knows this too.

"Way to go, Frankie. "Take back Halloween!", "Monsters deserve better!". I made a total mess of things." Frankie slumped onto the table.

"Gotta hand it to our boy Holt. He really took it to the normies!" Holt exclaimed. Frankie looked back at Heath. "You guys don't really think it was Holt that did it, do you?"

Heath was about to speak but Clawd beat him to it. "I hope it was. It's nice to finally see a monster standing up to the normies. And to mention Y/n..." I look up from my trance and to Clawd. "standing up to Van Hellscream." I shrug. "She was being a bitch."

I put my head on the table, attempting to take a nap. "Excuse me for helping her try and save you from getting busted!" Cleo didn't say anything at first.

"Bang-up job there. And what about Y/n? Hm?" I look up at the mention of my name.

"Wha— She was literally with you!"

"Yeah, don't think I don't see you two texting each other."

"Because she's my friend??? She's yours too!"

Cleo's iCoffin rang. Deuce turned to me and mouthed an apology to me. I wave my hand dismissively and put my head back on the table.

A bang behind me jolts me from my sleep. "WHAT THE FUCK?!" I snap my head towards. "BOY! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT TALKING?! AND L/N, NO CURSES ALLOWED!"

I look at the post about more trashing of the normie high school. "Attention, everyone! I just received an email from Holt!" I put my phone down in interest. "He wants us all to know that he is behind all these pranks on the normies." Some cheered and some were confused.

"And-And he's got even bigger and better ones planned! And, he will be communicating through me; his spokes princess. His words, not mine. Because I was his inspiration for standing up to the normies."

Students cheered. Though whatever she's saying is a bit suspicious. 'Inspiration? She didn't really do anything besides her speech. I thought it was Frankie to be honest...'

"He'll be updating his Critter account to keep you up on his exploits." I check my phone for the time. "Cleo! You rock! You tell Holt that we're right behind him." I sigh and shake my head. I walk away from the scene. 'I need a nap.'

I walk slowly to a random, empty classroom— well, not exactly empty. Frankie, Abbey, Deuce, Lagoona, and Ghoulia were there. "Yo." I enter, closing the door.

I walk up the steps and to a random seat. "Do you know anything about what Cleo's saying?" I shrugged and laid on the table. "Nope. Though I don't think Holt would say something like that. I thought Frankie was his inspiration."