Chapter 5

Friday afternoon rolls around and I'm finished packing my bags ready to go to my moms. Lucy and Christ drive me to the airport I give her and Chris a tight hug before I board my plane to Boston.

I wait for my mom out front of the airport for about five minutes before I see her car. I walk over to where she's parked and she climbs out wrapping me in her arms. "I missed you so much" I say "I missed you too" she holds me by my shoulders looking at me I take in her features. her dark hair has more grey in it then last time and her skin is starting to grow more wrinkles. Finn climbs out of the front seat and taps on the roof of the moms car getting my attention. "What about me?" He smirks, I roll my eyes but walk around and hug him "I missed you too kiddo" I say. We load my bags in the back and drive down the Boston roads. It's been a few months since I've been here and I've missed it so much. We moved here from Portland when I was 10 after my dad left but this place is my home we shared a three bedroom house, really is was two bedroom but we changed the office into Finn's bedroom.

Finn helps me with my bags and we head inside, walking into my room it hasn't changed since I left, the room is painted in pale purple and the hardwood floors still creak in the same places. My posters of my favourite boy bands still hand on the walls along with a photo next to my bed of my dad, mom, Finn and I all together. I pick it up and smile at the memory of my dad I sigh as I put it back down, that man in the photo isn't the same man now.

"I'm excited to see some old friends" I tell Finn "yeah Bec and Zion have missed you I told them you were coming down and they haven't shut up about it since" he laughs and I join we join mom in the kitchen. "Need a hand ma?" I ask watching her cook the spaghetti bolognaise. She looks up from the pan and leans her head on my shoulder, "that's okay you rest love Bec and Zion will be here soon" she replies. "You invited them?" I ask "yes, I figured you'd want to see them" she answers "well of course but I figured you'd want just us three here tonight" I say "don't be silly we have the whole weekend" she says.

I hear a footsteps growing closer, Zion and Bec round the corner, "Lana!" They shout and pull me in for a hug. "It's so good to see you both" I laughed we all sit down at the table as mom servers dinner. We laugh and joke about old memories and embarrassing stories.

It feels so good to be home again this is what I needed. We finish up dinner I help mom with the dishes. "How's school?" She asks while handing me a plate to dry. "It's okay, enjoying it" i reply "I can tell something is wrong Lana" she states and I frown "what do you mean?" I question. "I'm your mother I know when something is wrong with my daughter" she responded. "It's just boy issues nothing major" I say she almost looks happy when I say this. "Why do you look happy?" I ask her "I've been hoping you would meet someone" she smirks. "Ma, it's complicated" i dry another dish and put it away. "Love always is, I'm here for you Alana" she smiles while looking down at her wedding ring, she hasn't taken it off even when he left us. she finishes and hands me the last dish to dry.

"Alana, we are going out" Bec calls from the dining room, I go back to join everyone. "What do you mean?" I ask "well since it was Zion's twenty first birthday a few weeks ago and you weren't here to celebrate we are going out tonight" she answers. "Oh I don't know guys" I spoke "Lana it's fine to have fun the key is in the pot plant out the front for when you come home"

It takes me some convincing but I decided to do it I'm here to spend time with friends as well as family. Zion, Bec and I all climb in the back of an Uber and head to the club. I'm glad I brought one of my more revealing dresses, and a pair of heels. I pull out my phone to text Adam I'm going out before turning off my phone.

Arriving out the front of the club it's packet we wait in line for twenty minutes before we finally get to the door. Once inside we immediately head to the bar we order two round of shots to kick start the night and then we each get a cocktail.