✴ 𝟎𝟑

THE WARMTH casted a beautiful golden glow on to the laying children

THE WARMTH casted a beautiful golden glow on to the laying children. Y/n's eyes twitched as she let out mutters of nonsense. "Unicworn... Kunwo... Papwa... Papwa is wearing a unicworn costume...?" she muttered as her eyes slowly fluttered open, but it closed immediately as soon as the light blinded her eyes. She groaned weakly. 

She huffed in annoyance, not able to go back to her beauty sleep. She snapped her eyes open and sat up, some flowers on her body fell gracefully back on to the ground. She furrowed her eyebrows. Y/n looked at the meadows, the sea of flowers in front of her. Where is she? Her gaze landed on a sleeping Kuno next to her. 

Her nerves somewhat calmed down a bit after seeing that her friend was here. Not to worry, perhaps she's just in the meadows near the school? But the meadows near school was not as rich in color as this one. Sea of lapis, crimson, iris, gold, and fern flooded the meadows. Y/n's eyes shone in absolute amazement. What an ethereal beauty. 

She quickly turned to Kuno and looked at him for a while. "How do I wake him up?" she whispered out loud before she snapped. She's got an idea. She rolled up the sleeves of her kimono and smirked evilly. Raising her hands high, she slapped her hand across Kuno's cheeks repeatedly. "WAKE UP YOU LAZY COCKRWOACH! WAKE UP!" Y/n exclaimed repeatedly. 

Kuno's eyes slowly fluttered open before he screamed. "OH MY GWOD A COCKRWOACH IS ON MWE-" he screamed with a loud shriek before Y/n stopped slapping him-- looking at him with an expression that defined two words; shock and offended. 

"EXCUSE MWE?!" Y/n exclaimed loudly in disbelief before she slapped Kuno as hard as she could. Kuno choked on air as a palm was engraved on to his pale cheeks. "Hmph, that's what ywou get for calling me a cockrwoach," she said with a victorious smirk. 

"Ywou're so mean, Y/n-chan," Kuno groaned sadly as he forced himself to sit up, specks of flowers fell from his figure as he dusted himself, small, and big flowers fell from his small body gracefully as he perked up at the environment they were in. 

"Where are we?" he questioned almost immediately when he realized that they weren't in the school, nor the school's meadow. It's much more colorful and rich in nature than the one the school has. "We're nwot in the schwool's meadows, nor are we in schwool," Kuno pointed out. "Perhwaps that machwine brought us to a meadow?" Y/n suggested. "I dwon't know, perhaps the machine was trying to shwow us what a magwic carpwet is," Y/n shrugged carelessly. 

Kuno furrowed his brows, he placed a finger on his chin, deep in thought. Trying to remember what had happened. They were playing tag in the school's hallway, Y/n fell through one of the broken wood plank, into a basement. Kuno fell afterwards in order to save Y/n, and then the hole got covered by the school workers, Kuno and Y/n accidentally found a giant mirror, or machine, or whatever, get sucked into it, and now they're here. In the meadows, possibly far away from home, and what's for sure is, they're not anywhere near school. 

Y/n tried to connect the dots too-- just like Kuno. The two three year olds were thinking. Hard. Two kid geniuses were trying to form an answer for a very questionable question. Y/n thought silently. Perhaps the time where she accidentally changed the numbers. It looked oddly way uncanny not to be a year. If they were in the middle of Edo Period, and the numbers were set to 1991... then-- they should be in the... 

Taisho Period. 

"Taisho Pweriod, 1912," Y/n said with a hushed voice, her eyes widening. "Kuno! We're in the Taisho Pweriod! Year 1912," Y/n exclaimed loudly. He looked at her-- bewildered. "Ywou're joking?" he asked her with a raise of his eyebrows. "Dwoes it look lwike I am?" she stared at him with a bored gaze. He stared at her facial expression and gulped silently. "Exactly. I thwink we've accidentally swet thwose numbers from 1811 to 1912, didn't we?" she asked him. 

Kuno's eyebrows furrowed, realizing she was correct. "Ywes, ywes we did," he said silently. 

"Exactly."

"You're swaying?" Kuno asked. "Well-- we've twime trawvelled," Y/n said, nodding as Kuno's face twisted into an expression of realization and shock. "You know what I mwean now?" Y/n nodded repeatedly; feeling pride surging through her heart as she knew she was right. Her theory had made sense in the brain of the other genius. 

"Ywou're a genius, you know," Kuno huffed silently. "Bwut now what do we do? We dwon't have a twime machine," Kuno said silently. "Survive," Y/n said. "We have to survwive," she said silently, feeling the wind rolling by gently into their ears. 

"How?" Kuno asked-- he couldn't think clearly; he was panicking. "Calm down, Kwuno, it's okay, ywou're not alone," Y/n noticed the distress in her friend's face. She tackled Kuno into a hug as she engulfed him into her warm embrace. "Y/n.. I'm scwared," Kuno muttered. Y/n patted Kuno's back. "It's alwright, you're nwot alone, Kuno, I'm here with you," Y/n whispered reassuringly. 

Though she would've made fun of him as for a joke, or perhaps tease him about it, she realized that this was an important situation. All through the jokes and teases, deep down in her small little heart, she truly-- truly, loves him, well as a companion, of course-- and she cared about him dearly. 

Kuno's sobs died down silently. He sniffed from time to time. Y/n pushed him away gently and snorted, he reminded her of a clown. "You look funny," she teased, poking his cheeks as he let out a small whimper, his cheeks growing red. They were really going to be stuck here together, weren't they? 

Well, that truly isn't good for the boy's heart.