Chapter 9

After Izzy and I talked about our experience, there was quite a chaos in the room. Everyone is talking wildly. Until Catarina snaps her fingers and everyone falls silent.
"People! We're not getting anywhere like that!" she says.
"Catarina is right. We can't just sit around and discuss. But also do something." Maia agrees.
"And what do you suggest?" asks Simon.
"Best thing Izzy, Clary and I do is head over to her mom's and see what's going on," she suggests. Izzy and I immediately nod.
"And what about us?" Jase Ecke asks.
"Well you could check the trail of the demon. While Magnus and Catarina try to understand the events of Idris," she says immediately.
"Wow, I wouldn't have credited you with so much team spirit!" Alec can't help but immediately get a scathing look from Izzy and Jase.
"I think it's a good idea," I reply to her comment. Catarina and Daphne also nod in agreement.
"Then what are we waiting for?" Simon asks. Iz nods at me and knows what she's thinking. While Maia is still discussing something with Catarina and Magnus, we make our way to the weapons. She opens the gun cabinet with her stele As usual, Alec grabs his bow and Jase grabs his swords. While Izzy grabs her whip. Simon and I grab some daggers and I grab two more longswords. I quickly draw the angelic rune and a moment later the full runes appear on my skin.
"I still don't understand why you hide them when nobody sees them anyway," says Simon. I look at my old friend for a long time. Then I say: "That's right, but I want it that way!". That was the end of this discussion.