I Let You Down Mama and Papa

I woke up to the sound of birds. I rolled over .and almost fell out the tree I slept on. How did I get here I wandered. Then all my memories came back. I started to cry at the thought of Mama and Papa gone. I miss them so much. I wish they were here. I jumped down the tree to go look for food when I heard leaves rustling. I froze. The sound got louder . I couldn't see what was making the sound. It sounds like it's behind me. Suddenly a hand covered my mouth. I was trying to get the hand off my mouth, but then I was tied up with ropes. Then the hand over my mouth was replaced with a rag like object. Next I was blindfolded. I didn't know what was going on. Then the people who did this to me lifted me and started to carry me. I started to cry of the thought of my parents dead, and now I'm being captured. What am I going to do. I want my Mama and Papa. Oh how I wish they were here.

We stopped moving. I wander where we are at. The people who carried me put me down. but I was still tied up, and blindfolded. I heard a noise. It sounded like a latch or something. They picked me up again when I didn't expect it. We moved forward. They lied me down on the ground. I could feel and smell the grass and the dirt. I never thought I would smell such a sweet smell again. A person turned me over and held me down while I was being untied. Then they rolled me back over on my back and took the blindfold off. I looked up to see men all around me with spears. Sweat poured from my face as I thought I was about to draw my last breath. If only Mama would save me now. "Put your spears down!" said a voice. I looked up to see a man wearing skins of a wolf, and a hat of feathers on his head. I think he is the chief. "Leave the girl alone," he said. "But keep her in that cage. I don't want her getting away," he finished. I watched as the men surrounding me slowly put their spears down, and one by one walked out. The last man glared at me as he locked the cage.

The Chief stood, staring at me for a while. Then he walked away.

This is great. I ran away, and my plan was to find other people from our tribe, but I managed to get caught. I let you down Mama and Papa.

I sat in the cage for a very long time. I was getting hungry, but I was scared to ask for food. Will they ever feed me or will they just let me die? My mom is so dry, just thinking about food makes it water. I wander if the people here eat the same food our tribe ate.

I don't have enough energy to do anything. I can't even get up and walk around. My legs feel like weights pulling me down. If I do get up, I won't be able to move because they're so heavy.

I lie there on the ground starving and thirsting to death. I felt like this was my last night I will ever live. My eyes are so heavy right now. I don't have enough energy to keep them open. I started to cry as my eyes began to close. I'm so sorry I let you down Mama and Papa. Please forgive me.