Chapter 16

Y/N PoV

Camila and I are sitting by each other near the fire pit eating in silence. The food was bomb and I was starving, I was ready to get up for seconds when I notice Camila really not eating her much.

"You know food is meant to be eaten not pushed around on the plate" I spoke up.
"Not that hungry" is all she said.
"We'll ima get seconds And get a beer want anything ?" I asked.
"No I'm fine thanks" she said in. Low tone.
I went and grabbed seconds , I also made a plate full of desserts and treats , got some chips and guac too , I even made her , her favorite cocktail drink and brought everything over.

"What the heck why you bring all this food" she said as I was walking up to her.
"What? I didn't know what you would want so I got a little of everything, ohhh and here got you a cocktail." I slightly smiled.
"I'm not eating all this you know, I appreciate the gesture tho" she said.
"I know duh ima eat some of this too I'm starving and this food is better than what I can cook plus it's Cuban food I haven't had homemade Cuban food in years so let me live my fat girl night" I laughed telling her. Trying to ease the awkwardness
She bursted out laughing at what I just said.
"You're not even fat....... (You're hot and fit)" she said but whispered the last part thinking I didn't hear her.
I just smiled  and began eating.

**** 4 beers & 3 shots later ****
I'm not drunk but I'm tipsy and so is Camila and from the looks she seems more and more comfortable than before. I met some of her family and friends of her parents we were all just talking and laughing listening to music. Some were dancing and I was enjoying every second of this. I was able to catch up with Alejando, talking about my time in the Army and him just talking about life. It was nice. Camila was next to me on one of the outdoor couch type chairs and she had brought a blanket over a while back to cover us. I didn't mind it at first but now ...... we'll she slowly was sitting closer and closer to me .

"OMG IS .... Y/N? ..." I looked up and met and young lil version of Camila.
"Sofia ?" I asked
"Wtf is that really you !!  ??" She just stood there in disbelief.
"Omg dude you're so big now wtf happen to the lil kid I used to mess with" she had grown up to fast and matured to a teen. Before I knew it she had came crushing me in a hug , making Camila crush my side as well.
"Dude I missed you so much" sofia mumbled into my shoulder.
"I did to squirt , I'm back tho we'll for now" I still haven't made a decision on if I'd like to go back for one more tour for the army or retire.
"You better be , I have so much shit to tell you" haha this girl.
"We'll im all ears so" I release my hold.
Im that moment I felt Camilas arms wrap around my torso under the blanket and her head against my shoulder.
"Karla you good ?" I asked .
"Please don't call me karla tonight, and yes just let me enjoy this moment with you here" she mumbled. As I looked around I noticed how her family were all laughing and having conversations and enjoying everyone's company.

So I did a bold move and opened my arm up and let her cuddle into my chest as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. I felt her smile against my chest and I looked down and kissed her head. Idk if it's the beers or what but I'm starting to feel touchy-feely with her.

"So Y/N how's the army for you? Have you experienced any injuries in combat?" One of the family friends asked me.
"It's good , I mean there always ups and downs in every job and career out there . Some good some not so much. But I love it" I tried avoiding the last part of their question.

"Yeah, you're absolutely right haha , you weren't injured?" Someone eles jumped into the conversation and asked.
I didn't wanna just expose my injuries and how they happened in front of everyone. I began looking around slightly panicking. Camila definitely sensed it, because she tightened her grip and whispered "babe you don't have to answer"
I just rubbed my hand on her shoulder up and down and cleared my throat. I looked down at Camila and she was looking out towards the fire in front of us. I leaned down and kissing her head again and too a big inhale.