Chpt. 22 | 悲しい笑顔

{eccedentesiast}

(n.) someone who hides pain behind a smile

Hello my little dreamers~

It's been a bit since I've published a new chapter and I apologize for that. I've been doing more reading than I have writing recently, just trying to give myself a break.

Anyways, please enjoy~

Kocho ~ butterfly

____________________________________

𝔸𝕟𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒'𝕤 𝕆𝕍~

Mizuki has been quiet for the past couple months. She continues to work at the café with me; I can tell it's been affecting her negatively though. I keep telling her she can take a break from working but she just shakes her head and goes about her day. It's really starting to piss me off.

I don't know what happened between her and All Might but I'm about to force her to tell me. I can't stand seeing her mope around like a lost puppy. And the worst part, she puts on a fake smile around everyone, including me.

"Mizuki Angelica Kori! Get your a*s down here right now!" Not a second later, the sound of hurried footsteps fills my eardrums. Eventually, Mizuki's worried eyes meet mine as she reaches the bottom of the steps.

"What's wrong Bunny? Is everything okay?" There it is again; that fake smile that tells everyone she's okay. The thing is, I can see all the pain, anger, sadness, and confusion in her eyes. I hate seeing her so broken.

"You tell me." She tilts her head to the side, making me sigh. "What happened between you and All Might? Why did you come home looking like a million bucks but acting like you attended a funeral?" Her mouth opens and closes like a fish out of water before a strained sob leaves her throat.

With a hefty sigh, I approach and pull her close. She buries her head in my shoulder while squeezing me tighter than she ever has before. "What's going on Mizu?"

"It hurts so bad Andrea! I really like him but-... but he kept a big secret from me and he wasn't gonna tell me! How can I trust him after that?!"

"What was he hiding?" Her silence and apprehensive look tells me she isn't ready to answer that. And of course, I'll respect her privacy, but I can tell she needs some peace of mind. "Is it really that bad? I mean, he's the number one hero after all... I'm sure there are things he's just not able to tell people. For their sake and his." Mizuki's eyes instantly widen as more tears overflow.

"Oh my god he-... he was just trying to keep me safe... wasn't he?"

"Probably. If it's as big a secret you say it is, he most likely knew that you knowing could possibly put you in danger."

"...I'm such a bad friend." Her voice barely above a whisper as she covers her quivering lips. "I even agreed to be his personal assistant at Might towers and his aide at U.A. but I left his office and I've been ignoring all his calls and texts."

"I'm sorry what? You agreed to be his personal assistant and aid at U.A.? What about the café?"

'Sigh' "Don't worry about it. I'm sure I already blew my chances with him... even Toshi."

"Don't say that Mizu." My arms instinctively wrap themselves around her shoulders to bring her to my height. She sighs and clings to my shirt, her body slightly shivering. "Why don't you call him and ask to meet in a more professional setting? I'll even help you get ready and I can come for moral support. Only if you want, of course."