𝟥𝟢 | 𝒟𝒾𝓋𝓊𝓈 𝒞𝓇𝑒𝓌𝑒𝓁❦

fαℓℓ fαѕнισи

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔖𝔢𝔱 𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢 ℜ𝔞𝔦𝔫 - 𝔄𝔡𝔢𝔩𝔢

A/N: Slight make-out because mc and Crewel are adults

f/f - favourite flavour

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

It was a cool autumn afternoon, thick with the smell of pumpkin, candy corn, and the coming of rain. Children ran about the city, weaving between the adults as they walked from cafe to office, library to store, finishing up the last few things that they had before returning home, where they would prepare for that evening, which would be filled with the sounds of "Trick or Treat!" and quiet screams as the children were startled by skeletons rising from beneath a leaf pile, or a screaming witch that was motion activated.

I let it fall... my heart...

Y/N sang softly as she walked down the brick street, her heels making satisfying clacking noises with each step that she took. Under one arm was a pile of fabric, more tucked away in a bag that was clutched in her hand, and in the other hand was a fresh latte from the nearby cafe. Of course, it was f/f. 

Suddenly her phone buzzed in her pocket and she huffed, rolling her eyes as she tried to figure out how to manage to pull out her phone with everything else that she was holding. Eventually, she decided on setting down the latte on a nearby bench and reaching across her body to pull out her phone. As expected, there was a text from Divus Crewel. Unable to text, she pressed the call button and tucked the phone into the crook of her neck, picking up her latte again and continuing on her way toward the mirror at the end of the lane. 

"C'mon Divus," Y/N hissed, trying to look up and down the road without dropping her phone into one of the many puddles that littered the street. Once she deemed that it was safe to cross she took a step and continued down the road, careful not to accidentally push over any kids as they ran around her feet, clearly finding it funny that they were treating her like a maypole. 

"Ah," Y/N exclaimed as one of the children bumped into her, nearly sending everything to the floor. She shot out her foot and breathed out a sigh of relief as her phone settled perfectly on the top of her boot. Carefully, she set down her latte again, picked up her phone, and then her coffee.

"Puppy?"

"Darling," Y/N sighed, relieved that she had finally gotten through to her boyfriend. "Please tell me that you will be meeting me at the mirror. I can't count how many times I've nearly dropped the fabric."

"Why?"

Y/N frowned and stopped walking. "You know, I could just leave everything here and get you to come and see for yourself."

"Sorry, Baby." 

Y/N smirked, satisfied that Divus felt at least a little bad for making her go and get everything for him. It wasn't like he had classes to teach today! It was Saturday! And everyone was too busy making the final touches for tonight to be worrying about their homework. 

"Anyways, what was your text about? I didn't get a chance to properly read it." 

A puppy ran under her feet and she yelped, stumbling a few paces, but managing to steady herself before she dropped anything.

"Puppy? Are you okay?"

Y/N let out a breath of relief. "Yeah. Just a stray puppy that nearly knocked me over." She stared down at the small dog, frowning when she saw that it was now sitting at her feet, its little tail wagging happily as it stared at her. Its big brown eyes bore into hers and she felt herself melting at its gaze.