A Magical Date (2,000 words)

It felt like years later, but December second was finally here. My parents had approved my spending the evening at Loki's, as long as his parents were there, and Kameron's going to the Christmas dance with Thor, as long as she was home at a reasonable time.

After about two hours, Kameron was ready, wearing a wine-red dress with some small beading at the top and a sheer material over the silk skirt. Her makeup was impeccable as always and her hair was curled loosely with a silver clip on the side. I wasn't quite as dressed up as her, but I still had a flowing, long jean skirt on with a mottled mauve, long-sleeve shirt. I even wore a necklace and put on some light makeup before putting my long hair in a fancy bun at the back of my head.

When the doorbell rang, I felt my stomach flutter like a host of fairies were panicking inside. I grabbed my purse, quickly applied a sparkly pink lip gloss, and slipped out of my room. I passed Kameron in her bathroom on the way down the hall and slowed.

"Are you almost done?" I asked. She was still messing with her hair, even though it didn't seem as if there was much to do with the curls.

"I'll be down in a minute," she said, leaving the bathroom and disappearing into her room.

I continued to the kitchen, where the guys were already talking with my mom in the kitchen. When they saw me, they both smiled, although Loki looked decidedly more thrilled and perhaps a bit smug.

"Hello," Thor said, nodding politely to me.

"Alina, you look beautiful." Loki's voice was warmer than ever as he looked me over. He was wearing a nice pair of dark jeans and green button-down shirt that was a few shades darker than his eyes. Thor was wearing a blue-tinted suit with a black tie and his hair was neatly brushed—a rare occasion.

I grinned back at them. "You guys clean up nicely as well."

"Where's—" before Thor finished his question, Kameron walked in, looking even more stunning than usual. She and Thor stared at each other, both obviously enraptured.

Loki smirked a little. "Shall we?" He held out his arm to me. I bid my parents goodbye, then took his arm, calling for Kameron and Thor to get a move on unless they wanted to be late. Once outside, Loki escorted me to his car, a black Mercedes, and we left. I waved to Kameron and Thor as they stepped out of the house and we pulled out of the drive.

"So, what are we going to watch?" I asked as we coasted down the road. "And eat? Also, how far is your house?"

He chuckled. "We are going to watch Pride and Prejudice with Kiera Knightley. For supper we have chicken Alfredo. And my parent's house is about twenty minutes away." We chatted about random things on the way over, school assignments, friends, which Mike and Ike packet is the best, just the usual. Since we had gotten close during the last month I was very comfortable talking with him and he seemed to feel the same. We understood each pretty well by now, he somehow practically knew me inside and out while I was steadily figuring things out about him.

When we arrived, he opened my door and helped me out of the car, then conducted me to the front door. They had a grand house, themed in white and gold that intimidated me a little as I looked up at it. I had never been so intimidated by a building before.

"Welcome to my home," said Loki when we walked through the large back door. I could even imagine how grand the front door was. "Would you like to meet my parents?"

"Of course," I answered. "This house is so pretty!"

"Thank you. Mother!" he called lightly, walking down a hall with me in pursuit.