☆Epilogue☆

Our big day has come

Our big day has come. It hurts that Fred isn't here, but I know he can see us, so he's kind of there. Bill is Oliver's best man, George is mine. The whole Weasley family is here, as well as Harry, Hermione, Ron, Luna, Neville, Bill brought Fleur... all our friends are here, some of whom are already married themselves. Hermione and Ron look so great together, as does Harry and Ginny. My mom is scurrying around me fixing the last strands of hair and tugging at my dress and Rick looks like he's about to cry. My father too. "Mum, it's good," I laugh now. "What doesn't look perfect now won't get any better." She drops her hands helplessly and then laughs nervously. "You're right, my darling. Excuse me." "You don't have to apologize." I smile happily at her. "I would just like to get married now." She has tears in her eyes and pulls me to hug me. "My little one is growing up." "She's been for a long time." Rick says relatively calmly and leaves the room to take a seat in the pavilion, my mother hesitantly following him. "See you then." Finally, my father stands in front of me and smiles at me proudly. "My little bully is grown up and getting married. And look at you You are so beautiful and you have your own life." He's right. My dress is amazing. The skirt is short in the front and long in the back and is made of white tulle, at the top it consists of a corset with a sweetheart neckline set with small diamonds. And I'm wearing Mum's blue sapphire bracelet, which my grandma gave her for her wedding.She gave it to me with the words "And you give it to your daughter when she gets married." and put it on. "Yes, Dad," I finally say, grinning. "Don't worry, you stay my dad." "It's better for you, too," he replies, acting stern, and then pulls me into a tight hug. "I love you Jenna." "Me too, Dad," I reply, smiling, then push him away. "Can we stop all this emotional talk now? I don't want to look teary-eyed before I even get to Oliver." He nods. "Yes of course!" And then I link my arm with him and we step outside and I see the gazebo in front of the lake. I take a deep breath and have to suppress a squeak. I haven't seen Oliver since yesterday and I can't wait to be right in front of him. It's taking way too long for me, but eventually we get to the tent and my dad leads me down the aisle. Oliver turns to me, hands clasped together, looking at me with a smile and wide eyes. He looks incredibly proud. Finally my dad gives my hand to Oliver and I could burst into tears at that moment. Oliver smiles gratefully at him and my dad kisses my cheek again before sitting down. George stands next to me and wiggles his eyebrows with a grin and I already know what he's trying to tell me.That he always knew it would end like this. We've come up with frankly rather special wedding vows, and I know now's the time to start crying. Oliver puts the beautiful rose gold ring on my finger and says: "Y/n Y/l/n, I want to love and honor you. In good times and in bad, especially in chaotic times that never fail to happen with you. I'll support you if you ever want to bang your head against the wall again, I'll save you from yourself once you know everything better, I'll take care of you if you overdo it again, I'll take care of you don't take offense if you interrupt me. I promise never again to make you wait three years for anything, never again to believe you carelessly when you say 'nothing' or 'I'm fine', to carry you to bed when you're too lazy yourself. And above all, I promise to always be there for you. When you fall off your broomstick, when you mess with a mountain troll, when you overestimate yourself, or when life gives you a bludger. I promise to be there for you, to hold you and to love you until you get better and beyond. I promise I'll never let you go again and that I'll put a smile on your face for the rest of my life. Yes, I want to marry you here and now, with all the consequences such as arguments and whining, but above all for every smile and for the love you give me." The tears are running down my face like crazy, but I can't worry about that now because it's my turn to make my slightly shorter vow.I shakily slide his ring over Oliver's finger and say, in tears and a trembling voice: "Oliver Wood, I want to love and honor you. On good days and bad, you make every bad day a good one for me. I want to stand by your side when you can't think of any new tactics, want to mend your fractures and strengthen your fighting spirit. I promise I'll try not to cause you too much trouble and I'll try to behave just fine, don't break too many things, and be a good wife as it should be. And I promise I'll try not to keep interrupting you - and if I may say I didn't cut you off just now! I promise you that I will always and forever wait for you if it is necessary, that I will do my best to reach your goals with you and that I will be there for you if you need me. Yes, I want to take you to be my husband here today because you are one of the few people who can stand being in the same room with me for more than ten minutes because you love me, although I'm sure sometimes you would like to lock me in a dragon's cage , because you're there for me, even if I brought this crap on myself. Because you give me a love and security that I never want to miss again. Because you keep me upright, because you strengthen me, because you save me from myself." Even the pastor is touched, he furtively wipes a few tears from the corner of his eye. George same, Bill grins broadly. "Yes, you can kiss the bride now, everything has been said," the guy hurriedly uttered when he had recovered his composure. Oliver puts one hand on my cheek and the other on my back and gently pulls me against him, then he kisses me lovingly. I put my hands on his chest and want the world to stop for a moment. My heart almost bursts with happiness and I feel new tears of joy in my eyes. "I love you," he finally whispers, smiling, and kisses me briefly before we turn to the others. Hermione and Ginny cry at their finest, Ron and Harry do damage control, Molly's eyes shine suspiciously too, and Fleur looks super happy. All our friends are here. And Fred too. I smile up at Oliver and see in this man my past, my present and my future. My everything.

🖤🖤The End🖤🖤

🎉 You've finished reading I'm in a thousand pieces and I've got no excuse to keep this all a secret. 🎉