Crypt of change

Sitting in the truck with my dad, while he's tapping his fingers on the car door to an old country song... was normal to say the least. Normal... a word I thought wouldn't look different in my mind beyond peoples attitudes defining them.

When did I change... no longer caring about what I've always thought and now as I stare out the window at the rows and rows of corn fields. Loneliness began to take over and his face began to appear in my mind.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" I thought while resting my head on the window.

Having to tell Bane I would be heading home for a couple of weeks before the semester begins again, he seemed confused and just nodded his head. Being back in my home town, makes what has happened to me the last few days, almost like a bad dream.

Only issue I'm having... is the small part of me, that's cold and feels unwanted. Even with my father here, driving me home from the airport... he still ignores me since I left. Blaming me for the Farms hardships. Only need to handle this for two weeks.

"How's mom?" I asked him to break the cold silences.

His fingers stopped tapping, I felt the anger from his body as he spoke, "worrying to much about the farm... otherwise still your mother," and then he turned the radio up more.

An hour in the truck, with my father felt like a hundred years in prison and I was the new guy with fears of the shower. This farm has been my home for many years but I always kept hidden the real reason I left for college.

"Look, my boys are home!" Yelled my mother with lots of excitement.

Getting out of the truck, I went up to her for a big mother, son, hug and it lacked its comfort. Realizing that nothing will be the same and that I should've stayed at the university dorms. Should've just stayed away from this place...

"How are you mother?" I asked as she smiled up at me.

"Stressing but that's what farm owners do best," she said with a sad smile.

Squeezing her hand, I headed inside towards my old cell (room) and sat my stuff down by the door. Looking at the familiar room, the same sheets on my bed, with the same curtains and furniture. Flashing of the memories I have kept locked away began to slowly appear in my eyes as I stood at the doorway.

'Buzz buzz,' I heard as my phone buzzed in my pocket. Pulling it out I saw a text message from Bane and since arriving back home a small small began to form.

(Text messages)

B- Hey did you make it home safe?

J- Yeah. Just walked into my old room.

B- Good, I'm glad your safe.

J- Are you?
J-safe, I mean?

B- You worry to much...
B- enjoy your trip home, Jordan.

J- Bane, that's not an answer...

B- I'm fine, just watching my sister go crazy over five dollar movie night.
B- Save me?

J- Haha, movie night sounds amazing 😻
J- Maybe I'll leave sooner then 2 weeks.

B- What's wrong?

J- Nothing.
J- Enjoy movie night and tell your sister I said hi.

(End messages)

Laying back on my bed, ignoring the buzzing of my cell phone... I felt lonely and depressed just like before. Living in this house, in this town, had me reliving the many days I spent hold up in my room or anything I could escape the emotions of everything around me.