iv. a partner up

real life and instagram dmsseptember 5th, 2022

september 5th, 2022.

MATT STURNIOLO WOULD NEVER BELIEVE that he had the courage to ask someone who (he thought) despised him to work with him. he wasn't the type of guy to do that. he was the type of guy to leave it alone and just think about it from afar. he was not the type of guy to be flat out honest and ask what seemed like his arch-nemesis (an exaggeration) to work together.

but she did save his life today. which, yes, is the bare minimum; but she didn't push him away or just grab him by the arm, she grabbed onto his body and lunged herself into the wall for him. and that's when matt realized there might be more to joy pham than he thought there would be.

or maybe he was just overthinking it: it happens sometimes.

now, here he was; waiting outside of panera bread. nick and chris were most definitely going to shout at him for taking his sweet time, which he never usually does, but this (extremely rare) time he is going to.

he rocked back and forth on his heels for a few minutes before sitting down, thinking that just standing and rocking on his heels was just awkward. joy was taking a little long, so he was feeling a little awkward. and he was now slightly feeling guilt from making nick and chris wait.

after five minutes of checking his phone and thinking about what he was going to say, joy finally stepped out. matt quickly mentally prepared himself for this moment; this heart-racing, kind of anxious, moment.

joy walked out with her friend next to her. matt didn't know who this guy was, but judging by the raised eyebrows when he saw matt, he was probably a close friend. a close friend that probably knew about yesterday's incident.

matt chose not to focus on that; he has to have a good and focused and not worried mindset for what he was about to ask.

when joy saw him, matt could see that her eyes narrowed in confusion.