Chapter Five (Edited)

Forever by Chris Brown

 A few hours later, I made it to the supermarket and I finally managed to calm myself down. It's my turn to make dinner tonight and I'm planning on making Danny's favorite dish. Lasagna with salad and a huge glass of red wine. A little way to make him feel better about the whole "sprained nose" thing. I laughed lightly to myself thinking back to last night. I reached to grab the last bag of cheese, when another went to grab it.

I pulled my hand back and smiled letting the woman have it. She grabbed my hand and sat the bag of cheese in my palm.

"You can have it dear. That's the nicest a person has done for me in so long." The woman said giggling.  "Nowadays no one cares for the elders anymore."

I raised my eyebrow. She got to be kidding. Not about the not caring the elders but about HER being one. This woman doesn't look a day over 40. I opened my mouth to speak when another voice made my freeze. I mentally rolled my eyes. Not this motherfucker again.

How in the blue hell do we always bump into each other? I shook my head. I really need to get out of this town. 

"Mom, I found that bread you wanted." He spoke in a deep voice that could make every girl in this stores panties drop. He gave me a smirk when he saw me and placed the bread into her basket.

"Oh thank you, dear." She reached up and kissed his cheek. He never took his eyes off of me. I averted my eyes and suddenly found interest in the mini cheese sticks with the Chuck E. Cheese mouse on the package. Did he say mom? This beautiful young lady gave birth to this jackass 32 years ago? Elijah must have seen the shocked look on my face and let out a deep chuckle bring me back. He folded his arms over his chest and gave me clear view of his muscular arms. I noticed that he didn't have on his jacket anymore.

"Mom, this is Odette," he moved his head in my direction, "The girl I was telling you about."

Mrs. Augustine let out a yell startling me, and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. At first, I was startled but then oddly felt warm and welcome. Then suddenly felt all the air leaving my body. I patted her back in an urgent yet soft way. "Chocking not breathing." I whispered feeling light headed. She laughed and pulled away but holding me at arm's length letting me catch my breath.

"So you're the fiancé?" She asked with much excitement.  I raised my eyebrows. I honestly think I stopped breathing then gave her a confused look. 

"I think you have me confused with someone else. I am-" A big hand concealed my mouth.

"Not one to spoil a surprise. Isn't that right sweetheart?" Elijah gave me a hard look. He practically forced me to nod. I scrunched up my face in disgust. I don't know where is hands had been. Probably on some whore. As if he read my mind, he quickly removed his hand. Great, now I have to boil my lips. Elijah turned back to his mother and softly spoke, "Why don't you go pay for the stuff. I'm going to have a word with my future wife." I was biting my lip so hard, I started to draw blood. I was boiling with rage and confusion.

She gave us a knowing look and happily made her way to the front of the store. Leaving me with HIM.

As soon as she was out of sight, I punched his toned chest and caught him by surprise and frankly I didn't give a damn.

"Explain right now before I chop your arm and beat you with it."