Chapter 2

So to recap, my parents died. Just like that dead, and although that's great I never imagine myself losing. Now I'm stuck with this family I don't know. Also, Jackson is here, you remember him right, new kid, rich apparently, and kinda cute I admit.

"Ok we're here.", Jackson said as he drove up the driveway of this beautiful victorian mansion. I mean in all my life I have never seen a more beautiful house. 

"Dude this house is amazing!", I said with excitement.

"Yeah it is, but not my style I'm more into Modern type houses.", He said as if it was nothing.

"Not your style?", I said baffled that he just said that.

"Yeah, but my mom really likes these types of places. She says they feel magical.", He said.

"Well no duh, they are.", I said in full confidence.

"I see you're also a fan.", He said with a questioning look on his face.

"Yes, I am", I said

"Great, does that mean you'll stay?", He asked looking at me.

"Uh, well where else would I go.", I stated.

"Ok. Let's go inside and introduce you to your new home.", He said as he got out of the car.

We grabbed my stuff and walked inside. As we entered there was this huge flight of stairs staring at me. It was soo beautiful. We went towards the hallway on the left of the stairs. It was a magical house but it felt eerie in a way.

"Why does this place feel gloomy?", I asked under my breath.

"What do you mean it's probably all the lit candles.", he said reassuring me.

"If something pops up out of nowhere, I will use you as my shield," I stated while looking around making sure nothing was there. Call me superstitious but the supernatural freaking exists.

"I can assure you nothing will pop out and get you, but if it makes you feel better grab onto me till we get to your room...Then again I wouldn't mind being used as a human shield by you, darling", he said, shocking me with how smooth that was.

"(sigh)Jackson...did you-did you just flirt with me?" I said stopping both of us.

He turned around.

"Uh..yeah? Did it work?" He said

"Nono, dude that was smooth af. You just caught me by surprise"

"Yeah, one could say that popped out of nowhere, huh", He said making me completely burst out laughing.

"Dude WTF was that?" I said while trying to control myself. 

He started huskily chuckling.

"Fuck", I said out loud.

"What?", He asked.

"That was kinda hot", I said not fully processing what was coming out of my mouth.

"Yeah? You like that?" He asked. Shit, what is this!? This feels dangerous, Axelle get it together you already like someone, ok. It's Haylee and she's the girl of your dreams. 

"Pfff, what do you mean? Don't you have a room to show me?" I quickly said.

"Well I do but you're kinda in my way", I said pointing behind me. I was in front of him blocking his way.

"Oh right, sorry. go on", I said getting out of his way. I felt my face turn red and I know he noticed.

He showed me around the house and then we went upstairs where my room was at. We walked through a long hallway passing through doors till we got to our destination.