-Chapter 2 - Light in the Darkness-

"Panthershadow are you okay?" Panthershadow let out an annoyed huff and nodded her head for what seemed to be the twentieth time, Ivyspirit and Dovesong could sometimes be WAY too overbearing. "Can I go now, please?" she grumbled rubbing her paw over her eye. Dovesong grabbed a few poppy seeds and nodded "I'll need you to eat these once a night if you can Panthershadow, it appears you haven't been getting enough sleep." she instructed Ivyspirit following after her. Panthershadow gave a half nod before she walked out of the medicine den and towards the apprentice den. "Ravenpaw?" she asked looking for her apprentice. "She went out with Rusttail and Owlpaw since she was worried you couldn't train her." Leopardwillow responded from behind her.

Panthershadow felt guilt pang at her chest, "I'm sorry..." she murmured "don't apologize to me it's Ravenpaw who deserves an apology." Panthershadow nodded in understanding "i'll try and be better for her." she told the deputy standing up straighter. "That's more like it." Leopardwillow nodded. "What's over there?" Panthershadow squinted and frowned, Leopardwillow's head snapped towards the edge of the territory as well. From here it looked to be an orange cat? How was this possible? Leopardwillow and Panthershadow ventured further to check out their suspicions, Foxbristle was behind them her tail lowered. "Show yourself or we will attack you." Leopardwillow announced using her deputy-voice. There was shuffling in the bushes and all three she-cats tensed, a growl rose out of Foxbristle before she could stop herself. "Panthershadow can you get Timberstar?" Foxbristle asked and Panthershadow begrudgingly nodded.

"Timberstar! There's a trespasser over by the clearing." she told her father. Timberstar exited The Oak Hollow and trotted towards the clearing. It seemed Foxbristle and Leopardwillow had already gotten the cat out from the bushes because they looked to be talking to them. Now that the cat was out of the shadows it surprised both Timberstar and Panthershadow how similar they looked to Flamestar - but that was impossible, Flamestar was in the Dark Forest. Timberstar sped up his pace and Panthershadow followed suit, both of them stopping once they got close enough. But this cat now that they could see them more clearly may have looked like Flamestar but it's pelt was shinier, eyes were sapphire, and they seemed to have red crust on her nails.

"Hello I am Timberstar what brings you to Forestclan territory?" Timberstar greeted, the cat turned around her tail whipping around almost impatiently "my name is Ruby I am a former kittypet and wish to join your clan." she informed her voice nearly matching that of Flamestar's. "What kind of a name is Ruby?" Foxbristle questioned. "A two-leg one." the she-cat shot back with annoyance. "Well uhm Ruby what makes you wish to join Forestclan." Timberstar questioned. Ruby sat up a bit and her height seemed to match Foxbristle's if not even a bit taller, "Lakeclan patrol chased me here." she shrugged and then added "I want protection." "I see well we can use the warriors, however your stay will have to be temporary especially since we're coming up on Leaf-bare." Timberstar informed.

"Of course, I just need a place to stay for the time being." she explained. "What is that on your paws?" Leopardwillow asked bluntly narrowing as she did so. Ruby didn't seem to like this question because a small growl rose up from her throat before she said in a much calmer voice - almost as if trying to appear much calmer than she was "I believe they were called 'raspberries' I jumped through a patch when escaping my two-legs." she said with an indifferent shrug. Leopardwillow rose a suspicious eyebrow "I see." she all but hissed. "It doesn't smell like berries." Panthershadow seemed to join the conversation however much closer to Ruby than she previously was. Ruby didn't seem to notice Panthershadow until she was close to her, she looking into her golden eyes and froze her fur standing on end. "I don't have to answer to you. Only the leaders." she all but growled but underneath her attitude was fear. But fear of what?

________________________________________________________________________________