Part 10 (Stressed)

After I got home it was pretty late since I had to run a bunch of errands before i got home, so I went straight to bed after getting home. As I was laying in bed I decided to dig deep into what D3B said to us. I start thinking, "What if they find out about what happened at Syntec?" "What if that glitch in D3B wasn't a glitch." "What if I am the other subject in Project 863."

I tried to shake the thoughts from my head, knowing none of that was gonna happen, but they just wouldn't go away. Before I know it it is 2 am and I still haven't gotten any sleep, I decide to try to sleep so I wouldn't be exhausted in the morning.

I finally fell asleep at around 3 am, giving me a total of 4 hours of sleep which is not a lot. In the morning I sluggishly got out of bed and went through my usual morning routine, I decided to make some coffee to wake me up a bit. Once I got done I headed off to work.

Luckally, I was the first one at the office, so no one had to see me looking like I was just revived from the dead. I walked upstairs and went into my office to write down some theories from last night. As I opened my drawer to grab a pen I saw a folded up piece of paper placed neatly on top of everything. I grabbed it, thinking it was just a random paper that I put in there the day before, but when I unfolded it, I realized it was a note. It read

"I know you vowed to never interact with Syntec again, and believe me, I understand that, but the team will need your help in the near future. Remember that you are stronger than you know. Welcome back to the rabbit hole known as Syntec. "

-D

As I finish reading, I hear someone coming up the stairs so I quickly put the note back in my drawer and power up my MacBook. I open up the discord to read some of Subject 4's theories from the last video. Most of them were just questioning how I knew one of the protocols for D3B, and honestly, I didn't even know myself. I just typed in a number that popped into my mind, and it worked.

But there was one theory that caught my eye. "What if that glitch in D3B wasn't a glitch? What if Deb wanted you to know that there was another subject but just didn't want to say their name? You know how she was always secretive with things." This intrigued me to the point where I wrote it down on a post it as soon as I read it.

While I was writing it down Sam walked into my office to see what I was doing

Sam: Hey Madz! What are you doing?

Madz: nothing much. Just looking at Subject 4's theories.

S: ooooh can I see?

M: Sure.

Sam walked over and read over the theory I was writing down from Subject 4.

S: that theory is one of the best ones we've gotten concerning the conversation on the Apple II.

M: Yeah it makes too much sense.

S: it does. Well I'm gonna go to my office. Bye!

M: Bye!

I watch as Sam walks out of my office and get right back to work. That's when I hear the doorbell ring.