Part 20 (Shadows Of Deception)

As the days turned into weeks, Sam and Woods grew increasingly concerned about Madz's changed behavior. The team had regrouped at Spellbound, but their camaraderie felt incomplete without Madz's usual energy and presence. Sam couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss, but she couldn't put her finger on what exactly was wrong.

Woods shared his unease, and together, they tried to offer support and encouragement to Madz. Yet, he remained distant and withdrawn, only opening up in fragments about his experiences in the alternate timeline.

One evening, after a particularly long day of filming, Madz excused himself early, claiming exhaustion. Sam watched him leave with a heavy heart. She turned to Woods and voiced her concerns, "I don't know what it is, but something feels off. It's like Madz is hiding something, and I can't help but worry."

Woods nodded, his brow furrowing in agreement. "I've noticed it too. It's as if he's carrying a weight that he's not ready to share with us."

Their conversation was interrupted by the arrival of Bailey, who sensed the tension in the room. "What's going on, guys? You look worried."

Sam and Woods exchanged glances before Sam spoke, "It's Madz. He's been acting strange ever since he returned from the alternate timeline. We're trying to figure out what's bothering him, but he won't open up."

Bailey furrowed her brow, concern etched across her face. "I hate to say it, but do you think it could be the mind control serum, Life's Blood? Maybe it's affecting him without him even realizing it."

Sam and Woods considered the possibility, and it seemed to explain some of Madz's odd behavior. However, they couldn't be certain without evidence, and they didn't want to jump to conclusions.

Over the following days, Sam and Woods decided to subtly observe Madz, looking for any signs that might confirm their suspicions. They noticed that he had moments of disconnection, as if he was lost in his thoughts, but they couldn't be sure if it was a result of the serum's influence.

As they continued their discreet watch over Madz, the days turned into weeks. The team was still committed to their work at Spellbound, but the absence of Madz's usual enthusiasm was palpable. Sam and Woods struggled to balance their concerns about Madz with their responsibilities as they prepared for their next video projects.

One evening, Sam walked into the common area to find Woods deep in thought. She joined him, and they fell into conversation about Madz once again. "I can't shake the feeling that something's not right," Sam admitted. "But I don't know how to help him if he won't let us in."

Woods nodded, his gaze fixed on a distant point. "I feel the same way. We're his friends, and it's like he's pushing us away."

Their conversation was interrupted by the sound of footsteps approaching. Sam and Woods turned to see Bailey walking toward them with a troubled expression.

"I overheard Matt talking to one of the crew members," Bailey said in a hushed voice. "He mentioned how it felt before, during, and after he was under the influence of Life's Blood, and it sounded eerily similar to what Madz described before he went through the time machine."

Sam's eyes widened, a suspicion forming in her mind. "Wait, are you saying that Madz's odd behavior might be connected to the serum somehow?"

Bailey shrugged, uncertain. "It's just a hunch, but it's worth looking into. Maybe there's more to the story than we know."

As the trio pondered the possibility of Life's Blood's involvement, the shadows of deception grew deeper. Unaware of the true puppeteer behind Madz's changed demeanor, they were left with more questions than answers. Their journey at Spellbound was about to take an unexpected turn, one that would test their trust and resolve in ways they never imagined.