Part 11 (Confusion)

I went downstairs to answer the door and saw a mysterious looking man wearing all black with a box in his hands at the door. "UHHHH, SAM YOU MIGHT WANT TO SEE THIS," I yelled up to her. Thankfully, she heard and came down the stairs. "What's up?" She said as I approached the door. "Just want you to be here just in case." "What do you mean by that?" Sam said as I opened the door.

The man just stands there and holds the box out to me without saying a word. I look back at Sam with a puzzled look on my face. I look back to the man and cautiously grab the box from his hands, "Uhhhh, thanks?" I say as I watch the man walk away. I close the door and turn back to Sam, and we both just look at each other with confused looks. "We should wait for Matt to come in before we open this." Sam says as I silently agree, not able to form words after what just happened, but I managed to say, "I am so confused."

Sam checks her phone and says, "Dang it more time to wait. Matt is stuck in traffic." "Ah yes i love having to wait for Matt while we just casually have a bomb in a box sitting in the office given to us by a mysterious man." I reply sarcastically.

"I'm sure that isn't what it is." Sam said "Yeah I'm sure you are right. Should we just wait for Matt out here because I don't think I can work with a potential bomb here." I said "Yeah let's do that, " Sam replies.

About 5 minutes later, Woods walks in, unaware of what was happening he grabbed the box off of the table it was sitting on and immediately started opening it. Before Sam or I had any time to react, we started hearing a beeping noise.

One beep every second...

I snatch the box and look inside it only to see an elaborately crafted serum bomb made to fit into a small box with a timer reading 5 seconds. Oh no.

5...

Everything felt like it was in slow motion. We didn't know what to do with it.

4...

It was as if we couldn't move. Like we had become paralyzed.

3...

There were so many questions rushing through my head at that moment, but I needed to stay focused on thinking of solutions if I wanted no one to get injured or infected.

2...

"Ok," I thought. "It is early in the morning. Meaning no one besides Sam, Woods, and I are in the studio right now, and Sam and Woods have the antidote in them already."
"Madz! What do we do?" Sam says, pulling me back to reality.

1...

"The only thing we can do is let this thing go off." I say as I set the bomb down and step away.

0

As the serum bomb goes off, Sam starts panicking. "Wait, Madz, you don't have the antidote in you! You need to get out of here." "Sam I'll be alright. You or Woods should go outside and make sure Matt doesn't come in here when he gets here while I take this to the warehouse where there are fewer offices around."  I tell her.  "No! Madz, I'm serious! Stop trying to play hero and get ou-"

That was the last thing I heard, followed by darkness.